Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
nrapallo ... can you make an option for Mobi2IMP to allow it to use Mobi2OEB since Mobi2OEB works where Mobi2HTML does not?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #77
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
nrapallo ... can you make an option for Mobi2IMP to allow it to use Mobi2OEB since Mobi2OEB works where Mobi2HTML does not?
Interesting substitute, since Mobi2IMP can't handle Huff-Dic compression whereas Mobi2OEB can.

I'll probably use an external converter from .prc to .html (mobi2oeb.exe) and then further process the extracted (resulting) .html with my perl script to go from (mobipocket-specific) .html to .imp.

I'll see what I can come up with. Now where to put that input switch for which .prc to .html converter to use...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Interesting substitute, since Mobi2IMP can't handle Huff-Dic compression whereas Mobi2OEB can.

I'll probably use an external converter from .prc to .html (mobi2oeb.exe) and then further process the extracted (resulting) .html with my perl script to go from (mobipocket-specific) .html to .imp.

I'll see what I can come up with. Now where to put that input switch for which .prc to .html converter to use...
I was thinking about it the other day when I found a commercial PRC that Mobi2HTML did not work on but Mobi2OEB does. I kind or thought it would be a good idea to have Mobi2OEB being used as it works with more PRC then Mobi2HTML.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #79
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was thinking about it the other day when I found a commercial PRC that Mobi2HTML did not work on but Mobi2OEB does. I kind or thought it would be a good idea to have Mobi2OEB being used as it works with more PRC then Mobi2HTML.
It is a timely request too as I have been explaining more and more recently (a lot through private messages) how to get deDRM'ed .prc converted using mobi2oeb first then to .imp (when Mobi2IMP fails).

I'll look at this soon, but can't right now.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It is a timely request too as I have been explaining more and more recently (a lot through private messages) how to get deDRM'ed .prc converted using mobi2oeb first then to .imp (when Mobi2IMP fails).

I'll look at this soon, but can't right now.
Thanks... It means I can make PRC that doesn't use standard compression since I'd be able to also use Mobi2IMP.
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #81
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Thanks... It means I can make PRC that doesn't use standard compression since I'd be able to also use Mobi2IMP.
I think it is morally wrong to use secret formats. But that is just me.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #82
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And I think you have done a lot to 'unravel' the mysteries (secrets) behind the mobipocket format for most ebook users. Let the walls come tumbling down...
Old 09-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #83
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'm getting the weirdest behavior here. Every time I create an IMP book from a MOBI file created from MobiCreator the default file creation is the 1200 series. I cannot make a 1150 book (which is the default eBook).

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #84
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I'm getting the weirdest behavior here. Every time I create an IMP book from a MOBI file created from MobiCreator the default file creation is the 1200 series. I cannot make a 1150 book (which is the default eBook).

=X=
Oh, Oh, I know the answer, oh, oh, pick me.....

Yeah, right, I'm usually the only one who answers this thread!

What you have run into, =X=, is a strange occurance, but does happen!

Just re-install the eBook Publisher software (from the ETI support webpage) and this weird behavior will go away, sleep, just to be awoken some day...

I think I have this in the FAQs, in post #2 of this thread. It also happens when using PDFRead!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well, I have found some commercial Mobi format eBooks that use high compression and if people want to be able to convert them to some other format, they'll need Mobi2OEB.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #86
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks that worked!

Quote:
Oh, Oh, I know the answer, oh, oh, pick me.....

Yeah, right, I'm usually the only one who answers this thread!

What you have run into, =X=, is a strange occurance, but does happen!

Just re-install the eBook Publisher software (from the ETI support webpage) and this weird behavior will go away, sleep, just to be awoken some day...

I think I have this in the FAQs, in post #2 of this thread. It also happens when using PDFRead!
Ah okay, I did re-install yesterday as a fix for the impsrv. Thanks for the quick reply!

You know I should have read the FAQ and in addition to that I should have reverted to the
3 steps of software trouble shooting
Are you having software trouble?:
1) Reboot to fix the problem

If trouble persist
2) ReInstall

If trouble continues
3) See step #1

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Why not look at the source code for mobi2oeb? Then you can code the huffdic decompression in perl to go with mobi2html.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #88
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why not look at the source code for mobi2oeb? Then you can code the huffdic decompression in perl to go with mobi2html.
Why should that influence how morally wrong it is to use secret formats?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #89
nrapallo

Quote:
Why should that influence how morally wrong it is to use secret formats?
Ok, ok, so when is mobi2html going to get that face-lift....
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #90
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, ok, so when is mobi2html going to get that face-lift....
Sometime when I am sufficiently bored...