Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Looks like B&N Wont Beable to do what they promised!

http://www.tablets.com/uncategorized...-android-nook/

Turning a NookColor into a mini Tablet!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-16-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
John the Miner
Enthusiast
John the Miner began at the beginning.

Device: Eco e-reader
As they used to say in the newspapers: "Bloody proofreaders!"
John the Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner View Post
As they used to say in the newspapers: "Bloody proofreaders!"
AND QUIT BUGGING ME

Last edited by Barbara1955; 04-16-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
John the Miner
Enthusiast

I guess I Wont Beable to do so any more ... um, who put the head in the thread?
Old 04-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner View Post
Actually I noticed several spelling errors in the linked article also.
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Miner
Not so cool, John... and even less amusing. Give the proofreading, grammar-patrol routine a rest.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
John the Miner
Enthusiast

Why? It's what I do for a job.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Why? It's what I do for a job.
Wonderful.
So consider yourself on coffee-break while you're here, then. I'm sure we have a few proctologists here who (thankfully) manage to check their occupation at the door.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I suspect John the Miner is not long for *this* world...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice
Since the point has been made that proofreaders are necessary in any work, let's all move on, please.

Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The MobileRead Moderation Team
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
AND QUIT BUGGING ME
seriously? why is this being permitted? this entity whomever it may be is harassing Katie through several forums
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #12
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm assuming that the suit is over some alleged patent infringement. Probably similar to the one Microsoft filed against Motorola recently.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Thanks Kitten ... Yes he has.. sigh!

Raining...From what I understood in the article it is about Patent. I posted it wondering how Nook people felt Being promised something that might not happen. Yes I know a LOT that got ColorNooks for Christmas that have hacked them! But getting them 'legal' would help if the nooks broke. As it is the warrenties are no good to those that hack!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #14
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Thanks Kitten ... Yes he has.. sigh!

Raining...From what I understood in the article it is about Patent. I posted it wondering how Nook people felt Being promised something that might not happen. Yes I know a LOT that got ColorNooks for Christmas that have hacked them! But getting them 'legal' would help if the nooks broke. As it is the warrenties are no good to those that hack!
Yeah, it is patents it seems, from the reference quoted. Though they try to also say copyrights at the link, I think that is them confusing the two somehow. I don't remember B&N ever selling this as a tablet though. Just that they would add an app store to allow it to for an `enhanced' experience. I also really doubt that rooting voiding the warrenty would hold up in court. I remember the printer manufactures tried to say the warrenty was void if you did not use their ink cartridges. That got shot down, and the risk of hardware damage is less from rooting. In any case a patent suit is about the money, microsoft will want money.

Anyone know off hand what the patents are for and/or cover?
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Here is an article that gives thumbnails of each patent. They are all software patents, so anybody but the US SC wold invalidate them (IMHO )
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote