Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
The Fates of Worlds-action sf boxed set

The Fates of Worlds is a boxed set comprising 7 complete action/adventure science fiction novels for the ridiculously low price of $0.99--and all the royalties go to charity, specifically Reading Is Fundamental. You can spend a tiny bit of money, help a good cause, and get some new ebooks, all at the same time. How can you lose?

Included in the set are the following novels:
  • Predestination by J. Daniel Sawyer
  • Tsar Wars by Stephen Goldin
  • Star Vigilante by T. Jackson King
  • The Remnant by Paul B. Spence
  • The Chosen One by Anna Erishkigal
  • Escape Velocity by Steven J. Pemberton
  • Rebellion by Rachel Cotterill
The boxed set is currently available as a preorder at Apple, Amazon and B&N. The URLs are:

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/fat...13807404?mt=11
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBJL2BS
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940046134827

The book will go live on 9/15, and will only be available for sale for 2 months, so please hurry and take advantage of this opportunity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fate of Worlds Box Set Cover 150dpi.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	128084  
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
On Amazon, the "ridiculously low price" is $1.00 higher than what you have quoted
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Got it. Thanks. $1.04 total with tax isn't bad. (at B&N).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:11 AM   #4
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For some strange reason, Kindle refused to let me charge only 99 cents, and insisted I charge $1.99. I presume they'll drop the price for "Price-matching" reasons shortly. In the meantime, I hope people will buy at the other sites, where it is 99 cents. And for people who can only read .mobi files, buy the book from Smashwords on or after the 15th.

And thank you, crich70. Pleasant reading!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

The Fates of Worlds is now live

This bargain boxed set of seven complete action science novels is now live and ready for instant sale and download. It's $0.99 at most retailers; Amazon wants to charge $1.99 for some reason, though I do expect their price-matching software to kick in at some point. Even at the Amazon price this is an incredible savings--and, as I've said, all the authors' royalties are going to Reading Is Fundamental.

To save you the trouble of scrolling up, you can purchase the boxed set at:

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/fat...13807404?mt=11
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBJL2BS
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=2940046134827
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/470992
Google: https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=imxvBAAAQBAJ

Here's a chance to meet some authors you may not be familiar with, and help out a good cause at the same time. Pleasant reading!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I picked it up at Smashwords. Thanks!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
I've been looking for more indie-published SF authors. I picked up the collection at B&N and searched on the authors' names to pick up a few more freebies.

Amazon's bestseller list tend to overrepresent (for my tastes, anyway) romances, even in the SF category. B&N's list seems to stagnate. Even so, those two have been my sources for new books and authors. Do you (or does anyone else) have any suggestions for other places to notice new SF literature?
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Special iBooks Promotion

The authors in the science fiction boxed set The Fates of Worlds are honored to have been selected as part of a month-long promotion at iBooks featuring boxed sets from a wide variety of genres. Being one of the small number of science fiction sets makes us feel doubly special. Pick up this set now, while it lasts. The price is special, the cause is special, and the books are well worth the cost. Enjoy discovering works from these seven unique authors.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Grabbed a copy thanks..

I have to admit I've picked up a few of these boxed sets already and have found some authors I will be buying more of. I hope this set will allow me to find another new author..
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
Grabbed a copy thanks..

I have to admit I've picked up a few of these boxed sets already and have found some authors I will be buying more of. I hope this set will allow me to find another new author..
Thank you! Fingers crossed, I'm hoping you'll find 7 such authors here! But I'm usually an optimist.

There was a glitch at iBooks. For the first week of their month-long promotion they somehow neglected to include The Fates of Worlds on the promo page. But that's now been rectified, and you can find our set at all the previously listed URLs. Also, Kindle has done their price-matching thing, so the set is now 99 cents there, too.

Pleasant reading!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

The special iBooks promotion has ended, but this boxed set is still available for purchase most places for $0.99US. 7 complete sf adventure npvels for the one low price.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldin View Post
The special iBooks promotion has ended, but this boxed set is still available for purchase most places for $0.99US. 7 complete sf adventure npvels for the one low price.
I don't think you can beat a bargain like that Stephen. 7 complete novels for only .99 comes to around .14 per novel according to my reckoning.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #13
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I don't think you can beat a bargain like that Stephen. 7 complete novels for only .99 comes to around .14 per novel according to my reckoning.
Almost exactly!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #14
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author

Only 2 weeks left!

The Fates of Worlds, a boxed set of 7 complete science fiction novels, will only be around for another 2 weeks! This omnibus edition will be removed from publication on November 14; after that date you'll have to buy each individual title at its normal retail price.

Don't miss out on your chance to buy these books for a phenomenal 14 cents apiece And remember, all royalties go to Reading Is Fundamental, a charity devoted to encouraging reading in young and not so young alike.

iBooks
Kindle
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
Old 10-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Stephen just to clarify. The book will be withdrawn from publication in two weeks but will still be in the library of anyone who has bought it prior to its withdrawl correct?