Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #61
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
BookLover award is always grayed out.

Product: All?
Firmware: All?
Plugins:
File types:
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:
On external SD:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. View your awards while logged into your account.
Current result:
Workaround:
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
BookLover award is always grayed out.
That isn't the case on my Glo or Touch. The lips do look a bit faded, but when compared to the three awards I don't have, they are not.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #63
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have the booklover award on all of my devices and apps. Not grayed out.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #64
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...er#post2290323

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=BookLover

And it is grayed out (and says 0%) for me and I'm currently logged in.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...er#post2290323

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=BookLover

And it is grayed out (and says 0%) for me and I'm currently logged in.
Well, I have received it on both my devices and it is as I described above.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #66
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Well, I have received it on both my devices and it is as I described above.
Looks like a bug to me. It is always grayed out, it always says 0%, and I'm always logged in when it always occurs. Looks like other people have verified it (from the links). I'm on a Glow with 2.5.1. This is the first time I've looked at awards in a long time, so I'm not sure if it always occurred.

Although I can see how "always" in my first post could be mis-interpreted.

If it is happening to some users and not others, doesn't it look like bug?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #67
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@John F: I think the award will be activated if you log in to the online bookstore using the Kobo.

PS: Bugs must reported with your own device and firmware, not guessing the affected one
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #68
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@John F: I think the award will be activated if you log in to the online bookstore using the Kobo. ...
I'm not sure about that. That's not what the text says, from the way I read it.

I turned on wifi and visited the store while I was logged in, and get the same thing (0% for the award).

How about this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=57

Quote:
PS: Bugs must reported with your own device and firmware, not guessing the affected one
Sorry about that. I just assumed it was happening on all models. I'll confirm the bug that the two posts I linked to originally, and the one I linked to above, are happening on my Glo.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #69
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Well, it seems to be a bug. It's not clear anyway if it affect the device or the website.
Please give me also your firmware versions and plugin names (if installed).
As a workaround, try to connect to the bookstore with the Kobo and create a new account here.

PS: next time open a new thread, this one is only for the bug reporting (no problem taming, the deleted thread was restored )

Product: Glo
Firmware: 2.5.1
Plugins: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Login with your credentials
  2. Visit the Bookstore
Current result: Booklover badge is not earned
Workaround: create a new account from Bookstore?

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 05-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #70
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please give me also your firmware versions and plugin names (if installed).
Firmware 2.5.1 on a Glo (I bought the Glo in December).
Old 05-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #71
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
hi , i have this bug of PDF and CBZ/CBR doesn't refresh after scrolled on my kobo glo with 2.5.1 firmware so there is a solution for this? the next firmware is avaible or not yet and it fixes the bug? , what can i do , a downgrade? anybody know how to do it ? or give me a link please, thanks.
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #72
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

The bug is known. The only workaround is to downgrade to 2.4.0.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #73
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
The bug is known. The only workaround is to downgrade to 2.4.0.
how can i downgrade to 2.4.0 i dont know how to do it , tell me please ;(
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #74
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

You must simply copy the firmware file to the .kobo directory. Go to the "Direct links of firmware" thread in the Development subforum and download it.
I must say downgrade could be problematic, since Kobo is not intended to be downgraded. I had no problem to downgrade my Kobo, but I reset it before.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #75
Ælfstangard
Ælfstangard began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Problem making EPUBS from WordPerfect (WPD) files

Product: Kobo Aura:
Firmware: N204B34305258:
Plugins: Don't know:
File types: WPD & EPUB:
Sideloaded:
On external SD: Yes:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. [* When trying to convert a WordPerfect WPD document using the HTML to EPUB method, the text and links are rendered correctly but it all of the hard page breaks vanish so the EPUB file is just one run-on document without chapter breaks.]
    [* The same thing occurs even when I use the WPD to E-DOC utility provided by Corel in WordPerfect 6X which does essentially what I have done above: WPD > HTML > EPUB.]
Current result: No chaper or hard page breaks.:
Using OpenOffice to convert the WPD file into an ODT file then processing it into an EPUB file using Calibre works for the page breaks but all the links to chapter heading have to be redone before Calibra will create a table of contents in the EPUB.:

This is the first bug report I have ever posted here so please forgive any noobie slip-ups.
Ælfstangard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app