Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #31
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
The decision was very difficult for me, as well. I actually read Oberon's description of what each design meant (you have to check their journal cover selections to get that info - they call it "The Oberon Image Story," and show it under the images on each journal design page) then narrowed things down to about six of them. I then opened up each image of the covers that I liked best in their own separate window (I have a tri-monitor set up for my main desktop so had plenty of screen real estate to utilize for this) and compared them side by side. Talk about obsessing!

Good luck with your decision!

Holly
I never knew that!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I have the blue Roof of Heaven cover for my future K3. I actually bought the cover first, and then I ordered a K3 . Also have the green dragonlfy pond cellphone sleeve for my iPhone.

Now I'm contemplating buying a small journal cover and adjusting it for my Sony 650.
I thought I read somewehere the cover of a Kindle 3 fits a Sony 650, but where?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #33
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The decision was very difficult for me, as well. I actually read Oberon's description of what each design meant (you have to check their journal cover selections to get that info - they call it "The Oberon Image Story," and show it under the images on each journal design page) then narrowed things down to about six of them. I then opened up each image of the covers that I liked best in their own separate window (I have a tri-monitor set up for my main desktop so had plenty of screen real estate to utilize for this) and compared them side by side. Talk about obsessing!

Good luck with your decision!

Holly
Never knew that either.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #34
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I thought I read somewehere the cover of a Kindle 3 fits a Sony 650, but where?
It doesn't. I got my K3 cover a while ago and tried to fit my 650 in it, but it was way to big !
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #35
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
It doesn't. I got my K3 cover a while ago and tried to fit my 650 in it, but it was way to big !
That's good to know, thanks.
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #36
Zoya
Book Worm
Zoya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I would LOVE something like these. As much as folks rave about Oberon, those never really impressed me. Yours look amazing. I've seen other covers that "look" like a book, but these are the best I've seen. Sign me up to buy that first one (hearts/flowers) as soon as they're available for international sales!

Curt
Thank you very much for your compliment, I'll definitely let you know
Zoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #37
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
I have a Kindle3... and for a gift I got a Kindle2 cover (I have a FSOT here on the forums).. so I have been looking around at the ideas listed on these forums, and so far this one looks to fit what I plan to do with mine: LINK
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #38
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Never knew that either.
I think... maybe WTSharpe is using a kindle cover on a Sony, you might ask him. I know I saw it as well, and that is the only name that immediately springs to mind
Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #39
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I never knew that!
Quote:
Never knew that either.
I'm gong to assume that you are talking about the Oberon Image Story bit in my post, not about my obsession with getting just the right cover, but I'm not really sure.

Yay, kindlekitten! I just noticed that we now have the cover, lights and skin accessory stickies you were asking for! Thank you for starting all three of these threads; one of our fine mods must have been listening.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #40
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Never knew that either.
Quote:
I'm gong to assume that you are talking about the Oberon Image Story bit in my post, not about my obsession with getting just the right cover, but I'm not really sure.

Yay, kindlekitten! I just noticed that we now have the cover, lights and skin accessory stickies you were asking for! Thank you for starting all three of these threads; one of our fine mods must have been listening.

Holly
yep! I meant about the story!

I was SO pleasantly surprised to see we had been stickied! I hope everyone is finding this helpful!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #41
daesdaemar
Addict
daesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura aboutdaesdaemar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3, iPad 3
I want to know about silicon skins for the K3. Anyone with any experience?
daesdaemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #42
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I've seen them but don't use one. I didn't particularly like the feel or look of silicone on the Kindle. I suppose they may be useful if you keep it stored in a sleeve when not in use, and prefer using the Kindle without a cover but still want a little protection from light drops. Otherwise they don't seem too useful to me.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #43
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I had one for my K1 and used it maybe 2 or 3 times. it just protects the edges, as was stated, against drops. if you are going to carry it in anything like a backpack, purse or briefcase, it doesn't protect against impacts against the body, or the screen at all
Old 12-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #44
captobvs
captobvs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd generation
I have heard alot about how covers can affect a Kindles' operation. I am assuming (hopefully correctly) that these are just holders for carrying or storing and you take it out while reading. If this is the case then I will be definetly looking into one of these.
captobvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #45
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Sorry for small thumbnails.
I've got no links to give, website's not finished yet.

But I can attach bigger pictures
Zoya, those are beautiful, and I'd be interested, depending obviously on the price. I love the Klimt-inspired ones, but I'd prefer a blue body colour; I'd worry that cream or white would risk getting grubby. Good luck with your venture.
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote