Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
My wife bought me a Kindle 3G from Wal Mart for Fathers Day. She also got the lighted cover there as well.
Lucky man. I hope you enjoy it. Kindle is a good ereader I think. I borrowed a Kindle 2 from my local library in March and before the month was out I was buying my own Kindle 3 at Amazon. I couldn't go back to being without a Kindle.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
I took a chance and bought a 3G for $145 (with shipping) used on Amazon, to save some money, especially since I'd have to pay WA sales tax on a new one. The same company has a white 3G for $141, I think. Mine hasn't arrived, so I can't tell the reliability of the 'like-new' description, but if price is an issue, that seems like a good deal, especially with the Amazon marketplace guarantees.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Amazon.

No tax. Free shipping. Great return policy.
^This, plus great customer service all they way round. I've had to replace mine and my husbands within 5 months of ownership. My husband dropped his, which we told them, and the letters started to fade on mine.They replaced them both, immediately - no hassle, no fee, and few questions asked.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #19
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'd say Amazon. And, if it's possible where you live, take advantage of the Local Express Delivery. I ordered it, and it arrived the same day. 'Course I think there's a warehouse here in town, somewhere.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:46 AM   #20
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
I try to buy all my electronics locally to help the economy where I live.

I also find it easier to return something if its defective out of the box.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #21
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Keep in mind that there are two versions of the K3 3G one with no ads and one that is ad supported for a slightly cheaper price. Make sure to get the one that is best for you.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post

I also find it easier to return something if its defective out of the box.
You make a good point on the local economy. As for the return, Amazon makes it very easy. They send you the new device - next day delivery and then you have 30 days to send the defective one back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Keep in mind that there are two versions of the K3 3G one with no ads and one that is ad supported for a slightly cheaper price. Make sure to get the one that is best for you.
Yes. Another reason I would suggest Amazon as the devices are clearly marked on the site. I saw Kindles at BJs the other day, with 2 prices listed (they apparently did not have the 3G version), but all of the boxes were stacked together.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
The UPS and Fedex folks are just as local as the Best Buy and Target employees, and the corporate offices are just as far away.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #24
The Redbaron
The Redbaron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'd go direct from Amazon, especially if it works out cheaper for you. If they can ship from the US to Australia (me) in 4 days, I'm sure it doesn't take too long within the US.
Regarding warranty issues, from what I've read on here Amazon are awesome about any dramas. Enjoy it.
The Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #25
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
I'd say Amazon too....they upgraded me to two day shipping (even though I'd chosen free shipping) and I got it super quick.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #26
Ditchleyportrait
Fanatic
Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ditchleyportrait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
staples. reasons: warranty and i just like 'em.
Ditchleyportrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #27
ptofimpact
ptofimpact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My view is Amazon

Hi all, one thing we learned, buying direct from Amazon, we have purchased 4 direct. With one of the kindles, we had problems related to downloading books thru our wireless router. Amazon spent many hours on the phone with us, and overnighted, at their cost 3 New Kindles, till we were satisfied.
I read where if you purchase thru a retail outlet, you must return to them, not Amazon. Our view is Amazon.
ptofimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #28
hedgehogs
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_pk View Post
Hi! I've decided to purchase the 3G version of the Kindle 3. Does anyone know if the version available in stores (best buy, target) is exactly the same as buying one from Amazon? This may be a stupid question but I know other products sometimes vary from one retailer to another.

Also, I would order from Amazon to save on tax but I don't want to have to wait too long to receive it and I've seen various discussions that lead me to think they are shipping out very slowly or are out of them. Can anyone advise about shipping times (US)?

TY,

Linda
Would definitely buy directly from the Amazon Kindle Store! Just got mine from there. No problem

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-22-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Replace affiliate link.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #29
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Target is current having some good deals bundeling Kindles with covers and lights. You can save yourself a good amount of money, $30, if you buy at Target. They are clearing out their Kindles and accessories so now is the time.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
When you say "Kindle 3", are you speaking of the Kindle Keyboard? Whatever model you chose, I would also recommend buying your Kindle from Amazon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote