Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
envy
Brown Eyed Girl
envy doesn't litterenvy doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs 600, Nook, Sony prs 350
Greetings From Florida

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking on this site for a few days now and I decided to join.

I was one of those that didn't want to "jump" on the bandwagon of E Readers.

Anyway I've been looking at quite a few but not seriously until October rolled around..

I was looking at a kindle and the sony. I even added the nook as a prospect but decided against it.
I had a friend recommend a kindle, but I don't care about on the spot downloading or reading emails from it.

Thats what I have my blackberry for. So with that Said I narrowed it down to the sony prs 300 and the 600. So in the end I ordered the Red in the 600 model. and I should have it in my hands by next week.
I know I heard about glares on the 600 but I don't think it will be a big deal. Its just like when I brought my last lap top and their were reviews about the "glare" and that didn't bother me so I'm assuming that it will be the same with this device. I also love touch screens so thats a major plus for me.

That being said, I'm extremely happy to have joined.
envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, envy.

Enjoy the forums, and download some of the free books available here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
envy
Brown Eyed Girl

Thank you for the warm welcome..
Old 12-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Welcome to MR...

If you're in America, I think the Kindle would be perfect... If you're outside America, you need to pay an extra $2 per book you buy...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi envy and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 08 and really like it. And, although it is true that, if you compare a 300 or 505 side-by-side with a 600, you do notice the glare and less clear screen on the 600 but most 600 owners here say they don't mind and will still buy a 600 if they had it to do all over again
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #6
envy
Brown Eyed Girl

thanks for the welcome and input.

I'm so excited my reader is coming on Sat. I even found a cover on amazon that was about $15 less than what it normally cost
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Be sure and let us know when it arrives and how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi, and welcome to Mobileread! Hope you love your new gadget - I know I love my (beautiful red) PRS-600, even with the occasional glare (especially in lower-light situations).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote