Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Do you use your Oasis without the cover?

I've been thinking of buying a new ereader, and one of the important things I want the ereader is lightweight. I know Oasis is the lightest one without the cover in the market at the moment. I just wonder, do you guys take your Oasis out without the cover? If yes, how do you protect it from being damaged? I feel that it is so fragile without the cover, right?
And what is the no of reading hours of the device without the cover?

Thanks.

Last edited by 344a; 10-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #2
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
My reading time with the Oasis without the cover is about 99%. I only read in the cover when I am closer to low battery on it, which doesn't happen very often. I always read without the cover and when I take a break, I stick it in. So its always topped off.

The shape and lightness of the Oasis is the reason I got it, so reading with cover would defeat that purpose. I much prefer how it feels in my hands naked.
Oasis naked that is.

Now I mostly read at home, so not sure how someone that takes it along a lot would deal with it. I have read in the doctors office for a while, taking out out while the cover was on my lap and then putting it in when my time came to be tortured.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do you mean do I take ONLY the reader with me and leave the charging cover at home?

If so, the answer is 'No.'

Slightly OT: I plan to buy a sleeve that will hold the Oasis/cover, one that will offer further protection and also minimize scratches on the leather cover. I'm looking at Noreve. They're expensive, but they are beautifully made.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
If I understand what you're asking, I wouldn't take mine out of the house out of its cover. Much too fragile to risk that, I would think.

I never think about battery time out of the cover. It's never been an issue because at some time during the reading period you take a break and set it down in the cover and it tops up.

Great reader, though, and once you get used to the page turn buttons you'll wonder how you ever got by without them.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Thanks you for the replies.
I do mean to take the reader out with no cover at all. I think the best thing of Oasia for me is its lightweight. With the cover, it would be just another PW3/Voyage/H2O (I think). The no of using hours should be ok if I charge it every night when I go back home at night.
Thanks again. I just wanna get advices from Oasis users before I make up my mind.

Last edited by 344a; 10-07-2016 at 01:02 PM.
344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2016, 12:33 AM   #6
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I always read on my Oasis without the cover, and I always put my Oasis back in its cover when I'm not reading. However, that goes for all of the ereaders I've ever owned, including my Kindle Voyage.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote