Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
My Biggest Gripe with Sony Readers

I've owned the 505, 600 and now the 900. I have one big gripe. The gradations in font sizes is absurd. This was fixed, to a certain extent, with the hack for the 505 which allow us to change the fonts without too much effort.

Why can't Sony allow the user to have a one or two size step up in font size, rather than what appears to be a 5 step increase per each size choice? Would it really be that hard to update the software to accomplish this?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
I've owned the 505, 600 and now the 900. I have one big gripe. The gradations in font sizes is absurd. This was fixed, to a certain extent, with the hack for the 505 which allow us to change the fonts without too much effort.

Why can't Sony allow the user to have a one or two size step up in font size, rather than what appears to be a 5 step increase per each size choice? Would it really be that hard to update the software to accomplish this?
Agreed. Sometimes it's difficult to get just the right font size for what you're reading.

I like the fact that on my PocketBook 360 I can change the font for .epub files anyway and the size in increments of 2 points using the supplied FBReader software. The Reading software is not as polished with the formatting but the fact you can customise it so much is a big bonus. Wish you could do all that on the Sony.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Agreed. The "work around" I use is simply converting in Calibre, and selecting (by trial and error the first time) the font size that works good for me. I have it set so when I convert a book, the "m" setting on the reader is just right for me.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Well, I still have not gotton to the point where I can strip drm from my books. The Calibre conversion requires this as a first step.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Agreed, tough to get the size just right.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
I hate that I only have 3 choices on the PRS-300.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote