Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #421
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
TTS : How to add a French voice ?

Hello,

For the Text To Speech (TTS) function, I have only an English voice. How to add an other voice, a French voice ?

Best regards.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #422
Drew22
Connoisseur
Drew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than momDrew22 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Onyx Boox MAX
The simple answer is, I don't know anymore how to add another voice, but I did once added voices in different languages on Onyx M96 with the help of Booxtor. The experience was however disappointing. The voice is very monotonous, and it cares little for the punctuation signs. The lack of inflection is killing the joy of letting a voice reading to you. My effort was certainly not rewarded.

If you bought your Max2 from Booxtor, you can ask him for help. If not, just ask Onyx. Open a thread on their forum: http://bbs.onyx-international.com, and there is a good chance they would answer.
Drew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #423
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew22 View Post
The simple answer is, I don't know anymore how to add another voice, but I did once added voices in different languages on Onyx M96 with the help of Booxtor. The experience was however disappointing. The voice is very monotonous, and it cares little for the punctuation signs. The lack of inflection is killing the joy of letting a voice reading to you. My effort was certainly not rewarded.

If you bought your Max2 from Booxtor, you can ask him for help. If not, just ask Onyx. Open a thread on their forum: http://bbs.onyx-international.com, and there is a good chance they would answer.
Hello Drew22,

Thank you for your replay.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #424
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
For the Text To Speech (TTS) function, I have only an English voice. How to add an other voice, a French voice ?
Have you tried a few products? Ivona?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #425
Randy11
Wizard

Epub file not read with NeoReader 2 : 2018-03-19_13--47_1.8.3_9269185

Hello,

With the firmware 1.8.3_9269185.

I can't read the joined file with NeoReader 2. Neoreader open always the last file selected. I've tried to reload, delete and reload, to download again from http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt...Etre%20patelin, but nothing.

Could you confirm the problem ?
Attached Files
File Type: epub La_farce_de_maître_Pathelin_[...]_bpt6k6391102w.epub (549.8 KB, 229 views)
Advert
Old 05-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #426
Randy11
Wizard

Tabs for Epub files vanished with NeoReader 2 : 2018-03-19_13--47_1.8.3_9269185

Hello,

When I have ONLY EPUB files opened with NeoReade2 (firmware 1.8.3_9269185), after some many standby mode or power off/power on, the book is opened in full screen mode WITHOUT any option (tab) to see the other opened files.
Only the last EPUB file is visible and there is no way to have access to the other opened EPUB files.

But If I open a PDF file, the situation goes normal and all EPUB file are available.

I can give the good procedure to show the problem, but it's invariable. Roughly, open many (more than 4) EPUB file, power off/power many times, at a moment, the full screen mode is selected without a way to have access to the other EPUB files.

I give some pictures to show this.

Could you confirm this ?

Thanks by advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-125235.png
Views:	294
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	164055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-125729.png
Views:	305
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	164056  
Old 05-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #427
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Have you tried a few products? Ivona?
Not now.

For the M92, the Acapela solution was imagined : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.tts&hl=fr. But if I look here for compatible "Ebook readers" on http://www.acapela-group.com/acapela...droid/gallery/, I have only few ebook-reader application available. The quality of Acapela is fantastic. And stand-alone voices must bought from the application, hence with a Internet connexion

For Ivona, I can find many sites, but what's the original site ? I found https://www.ivona.com/us/ but it's commercial.

I need too to have a French voice.

Do you think that NeoReader can use any TTS application, it could be the main problem for Acapela and Ivona ?
Old 05-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #428
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Hello,

When I have ONLY EPUB files opened with NeoReade2 (firmware 1.8.3_9269185), after some many standby mode or power off/power on, the book is opened in full screen mode WITHOUT any option (tab) to see the other opened files.
Only the last EPUB file is visible and there is no way to have access to the other opened EPUB files.

But If I open a PDF file, the situation goes normal and all EPUB file are available.

I can give the good procedure to show the problem, but it's invariable. Roughly, open many (more than 4) EPUB file, power off/power many times, at a moment, the full screen mode is selected without a way to have access to the other EPUB files.

I give some pictures to show this.

Could you confirm this ?

Thanks by advance.
Something similar occasionally happens to me on the Note when reading in Neoreader2 app. Sometimes the multitab feature vanishes for no apparent reason.

I never paid enough attention to see what might have caused it. However, if it happens again, I will look more closely to see what might be triggering it and what brings it back.

Usually, I have just tried powering the device off and on again and opening up a variety of different ebooks. I never noticed whether they were epubs or pdfs. I will try to be more observant next time.

I have also had Neoreader2 crash on me a good number of times. However, I've always suspected that may have to do with my frequent use of the dictionary as i experienced similar crashes when reading on my Kobo when making extensive use of the dictionary... I would certainly be saving my work fairly regularly if I were taking important notes or making extensive annotations to a text as I have found that Neoreader2 does not always remember where I was in a book when it crashes. I suspect that any notes taken in the session immediately before the crash would be lost.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #429
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Something similar occasionally happens to me on the Note when reading in Neoreader2 app. Sometimes the multitab feature vanishes for no apparent reason.

I never paid enough attention to see what might have caused it. However, if it happens again, I will look more closely to see what might be triggering it and what brings it back.

Usually, I have just tried powering the device off and on again and opening up a variety of different ebooks. I never noticed whether they were epubs or pdfs. I will try to be more observant next time.
Thank you for the feedback and the confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I have also had Neoreader2 crash on me a good number of times. However, I've always suspected that may have to do with my frequent use of the dictionary as i experienced similar crashes when reading on my Kobo when making extensive use of the dictionary... I would certainly be saving my work fairly regularly if I were taking important notes or making extensive annotations to a text as I have found that Neoreader2 does not always remember where I was in a book when it crashes. I suspect that any notes taken in the session immediately before the crash would be lost.
I only use NeoReader2, nothing else, not the dictionary. The problem is solved when a PDF file is read.

Last edited by Randy11; 05-21-2018 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #430
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I only use NeoReader2, nothing else, not the dictionary.
I only use the dictionary when I am already within the Neoreader2 app. I just tap on a word to bring up its translation. But I do this a fair bit which may be what is causing Neoreader2 to crash on me.

Quote:
The problem is solved when a PDF file is read.
As it happens, just started my Note and went into Neoreader2 to continue reading where I left off in an epub book. The multi tab function was enabled, but not functioning. Tried opening and closing Neoreader2 a couple of times. No deal.

However, as soon as I opened a PDF, the multi tab function magically reappeared just as you said it would. Thanks.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:01 PM   #431
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Why not going to professionals, like the mentioned "Clear-Coat / Mobile Outfitters"?
(note: you must ask for a matte screen, for some reason they also keep reflective ones).

For all of the devices I brought them, not a single fault can be found.
The only question remains, "can any usual matte screen protector be applied to non-glassy layers like those placed above e-ink displays". But I doubt that the covers that you applied will be a special model.
So today I brought the MaxCarta to a Mobile Outfitters shop, and they did their magic. I wanted to be sure of the result before doing the same with the Max2.
Yes, the film is applied without a problem to the E-Ink screen.
Yes, the screen control (pen only, with the MaxCarta), works flawlessly.
As a very good surprise, the matte film from Mobile Outfitters has a better matte effect, making spotlights blurrier and less intense: the display is even more usable with imperfect lighting (which - the difficulty of making the screen face evenly lit sceneries - is very frequent outdoors).

It is maybe best to go there with the exact measure. It should be 270x202mm, but I am not perfectly sure.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #432
verovero
verovero began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Yes, we have prepared cloud download, so you can do update easily downloading it to your Max2 directly using settings->about->system update->check update from cloud.

Please set system language of your device to English first.

You also could download it directly here: http://ereader.store/DATA/Max2/update.upx
MD5 25443aff1be42aff8855603d2d6a7588

Please restart your device after update in order to get Play Store working.

This update mainly fixes the problem with Play Services.
In ca. 2 weeks we are going to release another update with some improvements.
Hi Booxtor,

I want to ask if there is another update for the max 2 prof.?
Thanks
verovero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #433
verovero
verovero began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox nl
Hi Booxtor,

I want to ask if there is another update for the max 2 prof.?
Thanks
verovero is online now Add to verovero's Reputation Report Post
verovero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #434
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Hello,

Best regards.
If found the solution, the French voice is already present, look at the pictures to see how select the language. First, go to the setting menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091251.png
Views:	214
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	164142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091306.png
Views:	229
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	164143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091500.png
Views:	226
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	164144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091525.png
Views:	236
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	164145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091557.png
Views:	259
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	164146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180528-091627.png
Views:	236
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	164147  
Old 05-28-2018, 04:41 AM   #435
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
If found the solution, the French voice is already present, look at the pictures to see how select the language. First, go to the setting menu.
So, you can use more engines than Pico? How do you evaluate the quality?
I suppose you can use it on all software that use TTS?