Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-31-2021, 06:06 PM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Newton, Douglas: I, Savaran (1937); v1, 1 Jan 2022

Full title: I, Savaran! Prince of Adventurers (1937)

Author: Wilfrid Bernard Michael Newton, (1884-1951) who wrote as Wilfrid Douglas Newton and Douglas Newton.

A collection of 12 short stories featuring the colourful adventurer Savaran (no other name), who has made Africa has stamping ground; getting in and out of incredible scrapes, in a lighthearted and wildly politically incorrect series of escapades.

The hardcover original included 14 stories; however, the book is incredibly rare, and this edition has been assembled from 12 stories published in The Australian Women's Weekly during 1937. They are presented here in the AWW's order, which is not the same as they first appeared in The Passing Show magazine in 1936
I was unable to find the missing two stories anywhere, not even their titles. (There was a sequel, "Savaran and the Great Sand.") There is some clues that they may have been non-Savaran stories.

I created the cover using the only image of the first edition dust jacket I could find, which was small, distorted, and only partial.

1: Moonbeam of Pearl
2: Blade of the Spear
3: Proud Beauty
4: Pawn to Check a Queen
5: Song Of The Siren
6: Wandering Gentile
7: Power of the Eyes
8: Lily of Deceit
9: Delilah's Daughter
10: The Young Lion
11: The Lady Jasmine
12: Riddle of the Devoted Sphinx
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	191140  
Attached Files
File Type: epub I, Savaran! (1937) - Douglas Newton.epub (301.2 KB, 248 views)
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:56 PM   #2
Cyber Sleuth
Cyber Sleuth began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Lite
Great Collection! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Interestingly, I found "Moonbeam of Pearl" published in a newspaper in the US - Plentywood Herald (Plentywood, Mont.), 1930-02-27, pg 5. The paper thanked the Chicago Tribune Syndicate. It appears to have been published in the Chicago Sunday Tribune on Apr 21, 1929. According to the US Catalog of Copyright.

I haven't looked for any others.

Thanks for the details on the book and sources.
Cyber Sleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #3
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The stories were undoubtedly syndicated and sold to newspapers and magazines all over the place.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote