Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #226
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
My final wrapup for the year is here. I end the year with my TBR 163 books over my start on Jan 1 (150 ebooks; 13 audiobooks). Met my monthly 3000 pages goal only 4 times. Magazines down by 6. I did significantly cut acquisitions the last quarter so slowing the pace of the out-of-countrol TBR. Sure, I mostly finished off several series, but even eliminating those, it was still a lot of books.

So 2022 will have more modest goals and a tighter reign on purchases.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:45 AM   #227
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
One month to go, and only four books bought in November. My TBR is down to 770.

My best year ever, I think, in terms of TBR reduction.
And my reading year is over. I won't finish the book I started today, today.

A very successful year in terms of TBR reduction - down by 135, which is 18 more than last year!

149 books read. Not my highest or lowest. 8 abandoned. I'm getting better at abandoning stinkers.

Even better - only bought 65, less than half the number I read!

I can only hope I continue to do well with reading and TBR reduction in 2022!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2021, 12:10 PM   #228
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I finished a book yesterday which wraps up the year for me. I read a total of 190 books, which was far too many for my reading satisfaction; my goal for next year is no more than 150. However, my high ratings for three books I read at the end nudged my overall Goodreads rating for the year up to 3.2, so that was something, if still below last year.

Otherwise, I didn’t achieve any of my goals. And while limiting purchases is never one of my official goals, I’ll also note that my TBR at year’s end was up, for the first time in years.

On to better in 2022, I hope.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:15 PM   #229
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My year end totals:

31 books read (plus 1 abandoned)

8 books purchased for total of $23 (5 of them read)

GR rating of just 2.8 is the lowest since 2013 This needs improvement otherwise I'm satisfied with 2021 figures.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:50 AM   #230
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
So i bought around 25-30 books a month last year and read 130 in the year.
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2022, 01:28 PM   #231
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Well, I did surprisingly good this past year, with 123 reads, only because I was sent out on a field trip for three months where there is a lot of waiting involved. My goal next year is to read at least 100, try to stick to the read/reread ratio of 5:1 and maybe not add too many more books to my 1,078 TBR, hah!
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #232
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
It's probably OK to unsticky the 2021 threads now, I reckon.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #233
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Done.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote