Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-02-2022, 05:01 AM   #1
MRM66
Connoisseur
MRM66 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung A7 & A8 Tab.Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.00 & Kindle 2.
Question Conversion Advice

Been reading about Converting books in the future as Kindle are going to be EPub.
I have Calibre 4.15 and DedRM 6.80 and all my books I have bought convert no problem
Should I be updating Calibre or do anything different at all?
MRM66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 05:26 AM   #2
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM66 View Post
Been reading about Converting books in the future as Kindle are going to be EPub.
I have Calibre 4.15 and DedRM 6.80 and all my books I have bought convert no problem
No, when the time comes you'll just need to change the settings in Calibre. Go to Preferences/Conversion and select there. It's very intuitive.
Your version of Calibre will do it - they all will
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Please note that Kindle is not going to epub. The email to and Send to Kindle apps will accept epub which Amazon will convert and send to your devices/apps. There seem to be no plans for Amazon to add native epub support to their eInk devices and apps.

Though if your computer is capable enough, I would recommend updating your calibre and plugins but it is not necessary if you are happy with your current setup.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 03:33 AM   #4
MRM66
Connoisseur

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
No, when the time comes you'll just need to change the settings in Calibre. Go to Preferences/Conversion and select there. It's very intuitive.
Your version of Calibre will do it - they all will
Thank you
As usual I will be back here if I get stuck
Old 11-03-2022, 03:36 AM   #5
MRM66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Please note that Kindle is not going to epub. The email to and Send to Kindle apps will accept epub which Amazon will convert and send to your devices/apps. There seem to be no plans for Amazon to add native epub support to their eInk devices and apps.

Though if your computer is capable enough, I would recommend updating your calibre and plugins but it is not necessary if you are happy with your current setup.
Thanks
Had read online that things were going to change
Am happy with my set up at the minute
Just thought i would have to change things
Advert
Old 11-03-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You simply change FORMATS in;
Preferences: Sharing by email
(assumes the format you want it to send exists)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:45 AM   #7
MRM66
Connoisseur

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You simply change FORMATS in;
Preferences: Sharing by email
(assumes the format you want it to send exists)
At the moment in Amazon i go to Digital Content....Download by USB.

Then I add the downloaded book to Calibre and chose what I want to convert it to.

Is that what you mean by if the format shows up in the list?

Don't use send to kindle as it doesnt always work for my 2nd generation kindles
Old 11-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
At the moment in Amazon i go to Digital Content....Download by USB.

Then I add the downloaded book to Calibre and chose what I want to convert it to.

Is that what you mean by if the format shows up in the list?

Don't use send to kindle as it doesnt always work for my 2nd generation kindles
NO! My instructions have to do with having Amazon send Calibre SENT content wirelessly.

You are using the method to GET Amazon content into Calibre (and maybe, remove DRM) prior to sending to a device.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #9
MRM66
Connoisseur

Quote:
NO! My instructions have to do with having Amazon send Calibre SENT content wirelessly.

You are using the method to GET Amazon content into Calibre (and maybe, remove DRM) prior to sending to a device.
Oh sorry
Didn't understand what you meant.
Where is Preferences
Sharing by email.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:46 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Oh sorry
Didn't understand what you meant.
Where is Preferences
Sharing by email.
The Calibre Help Icon (button) on the toolbar? or Ctrl+P
Old 11-15-2022, 04:56 AM   #11
MRM66
Connoisseur

Quote:
The Calibre Help Icon (button) on the toolbar? or Ctrl+P
Thanks very much.
Finding now that Google books will not convert anymore