Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
One could delete the folder by executing a bash script from the KoboLauncher or the KoboTweaks before opening a book.
Creating an empty file "Annotations" instead of the folder seems to solve the problem. To be precise, I created an empty file \Digital Editions\Annotations\MyLib, as all my epub's are in a folder MyLib.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoe View Post
Creating an empty file "Annotations" instead of the folder seems to solve the problem. To be precise, I created an empty file \Digital Editions\Annotations\MyLib, as all my epub's are in a folder MyLib.
Simple is best. Very nice idea.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #18
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

How to list on the Kobo itself ALL annotations from ALL books

I'm using the .annot xml files again, because I prefer this:How to list on the Kobo itself ALL annotations from ALL books

Last edited by pakoe; 11-30-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #19
pakoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
for pdf... the annotation text is lost when you reopen the book
Only changes to annotations are lost and they are lost only if made after the last creation (or deletion) of an annotation. Adding a note to a bookmark (the only way to make a textual annotation in a pdf file) means changing the bookmark-annotation. So make another bookmark after adding the note (you can remove it again at once) and the note you added to the first bookmark won't be lost.

Last edited by pakoe; 11-30-2013 at 03:19 AM.