Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2022, 03:11 AM   #16
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiemom View Post
Thank you Better Red! I REALLY want to do what you suggested, it may be above my pay grade! LOL But I will TRY further, as soon as time permits. Thank you!!
Hmm, that should be easier than it may seem, and I'm thinking it might be the best solution for your case (I'm not sure, because I never tried it myself, but it seems necessary): what you need to do is to press Windows key + R (Win + R), then type cmd, hit Enter, and then type the one-line command BR quoted in the "black screen" that opens:

calibre-debug --default-programs=unregister

Last edited by Comfy.n; 11-27-2022 at 03:28 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:17 AM   #17
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you, theducks. You pointed me in the right direction. However, with my limited skills, I still had a LONG way to go. Thanks and take care.
I just noticed that the method @theducks suggested brings up the same "Open With" dialogue, that's good to know.

Quote:
3. I have both kindle.exe and KindleForPC.exe. Is that OK?
KindleforPc should be the installer, it's ok to keep it, but be careful to not associate it with any file extension
Old 11-27-2022, 03:45 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Hmm, that should be easier than it may seem, and I'm thinking it might be the best solution for your case (I'm not sure, because I never tried it myself, but it seems necessary): what you need to do is to press Windows key + R (Win + R), then type cmd, hit Enter, and then type the one-line command BR quoted in the "black screen" that opens:

calibre-debug --default-programs=unregister
If you paste the command into the Windows Run edit box and press enter, the DOS box will open, the command will be executed, and the DOS box will close.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:52 AM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you paste the command into the Windows Run edit box and press enter, the DOS box will open, the command will be executed, and the DOS box will close.

BR
Command prompt. The last Windows actually built on top of DOS was 9x (or ME, but that was kinda limited).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:58 AM   #20
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
I would use a batch file for that, but I suppose the method I suggested does the same?

edit: no I wouldn't use a batch file just for that command, on second thought.

edit 2: I recognise "DOS box" is the correct term, though my intention was to keep it simple, lol.

Last edited by Comfy.n; 11-27-2022 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:57 AM   #21
sophiemom
sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle x4
A thousand thank you’s to all of you!!! With the additional tips I think I can do this! Unfortunately, I have to tear myself away from this adventure for a bit...although this is much more fun and gratifying! When I return, hopefully I will have few if any more questions. You have all been so kind, helpful and patient. My offer still stands re: a token of my appreciation. I could not have fixed this problem without you, period! THANK YOU!!

Last edited by sophiemom; 11-27-2022 at 12:01 PM.
sophiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #22
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Oh my goodness Karellen! Your instructions did it!! I am so very, very relieved! Thank you! I would like to send you a token of my appreciation, if you are agreeable. (Via PM)
Hello @sophiemom

I am glad it worked for you and all is well again.
I am agreeable to receiving a PM.

Regards
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote