Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
leonnyan
Enthusiast
leonnyan began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700BC
Sony Mac eBook software issues

Hi,

My PC software for Sony eBook Library has been crashing today (need to call eBook software support) so I thought I would install the Mac version.

Anyone else try this yet?

I run the installer which completes successfully, restart, and then all bad. The application launches, but none of the menu items do anything. I can't get to Preferences, Books, Library, nothing. Occasionally after I have been selecting UI elements (with no effect) for a while the software crashes.

I cannot find the 'uninstall-ebook' bits that get installed but have found a .ch file that I've opened and used command line to uninstall/reinstall. Same issue. I've tried connecting my device but that did nothing. The device shows on the desk top, but nothing helped the software.

Anyone have success with Sony Macintosh software?

I am running OS X 10.5.8 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.

Cheers,

Leon
leonnyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I have almost the same setup and have not had any problems. I say almost as I am not sure the speed of my imac. I will admit that I have not connected my reader yet, but I can intact with the software and the store.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
leonnyan
Enthusiast

Thanks. I can't think of what is going on...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
Thanks. I can't think of what is going on...
This seems to be a common problem. What Language/Region is your Mac set to?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
leonnyan
Enthusiast

English language, Singapore region. I got posted to work here and though I purchased my eBook in US, this Mac is set to Singapore region. Do you think I am facing a software region lock?

--Leon
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonnyan View Post
English language, Singapore region. I got posted to work here and though I purchased my eBook in US, this Mac is set to Singapore region. Do you think I am facing a software region lock?

--Leon
Yes, that has been the problem many have seen. What I have heard reported resolves this is to change your region to USA... install the software, reboot and run it. Once it is working change your region back and it should continue running.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Another solution has been to reinstall the application using a new account.
It worked here..

My main issue right now is that the eBook Store has not been accessible through the Mac software for days now! The network is fine, just the Sony software is fail.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #8
leonnyan
Enthusiast

Thank you for the advice. I'll try this over the weekend.