Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You guys are making me long for a cat!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
You guys are making me long for a cat!
Too bad you don't live in California. I have the sweetest little foster kitty up for adoption right now. Perfect cat for someone who likes to read. She'll stay glued to your lap as long as you let her.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Too bad you don't live in California. I have the sweetest little foster kitty up for adoption right now. Perfect cat for someone who likes to read. She'll stay glued to your lap as long as you let her.
Auuuwww I can't have one right now yet anyway, I have to get my house first. Luckily the SPCA is right down the street.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #19
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Actually - I switched to reading ebooks because I had a kitty a few years ago who would decide that I wasn't paying enough attention to her when I was reading, so she would go over to the bookshelf, find a book that smelled strongly of me (inevitably a much-read favorite) and start pulling out paged a piece at a time until I looked up to see what the noise was.
Ebooks are much harder to remove partial pages from.

Oddly enough, the next kitty enjoyed shredding magazines. My current kitty prefers finding the highest point on me, and sleeping. Unfortunately, she really dosen't like me moving once she is comfortable - witness the claw marks on my hips....
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I think this little one has a bit of the devil in her. Every bit of my body has been marked!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #21
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mine, too - it's all playful, but I am bitten all over. For some reason, he doesn't play with my husband like that. But if my arms are out of the covers while I'm reading, he's biting them.
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #22
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Usually my little Kindle-nommer is a bit camera shy but I managed to get a grainy cell phone pic of her at work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DaisyNomsTheKindle.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	23968  
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Usually my little Kindle-nommer is a bit camera shy but I managed to get a grainy cell phone pic of her at work.
Auuuwww
Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #24
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Awww... nom nom nom...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #25
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
That is way too adorable!
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #26
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
I don't have a rambunctious kitten. I have a 13 year old matron kitty. But I have the same problem krisk has -- kitty turns pages while the kindle is in my hands. The problem is that she LOVES to rub up against edges, and what do we ALL know about the kindle 1??? Touching any edge turns a page, reverts back to home, etc.

I am SO looking forward to my kindle 2 arriving next week! I am hoping that its Kitty Interface Design is more sophisticated.
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #27
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
Oh no! she does it when it is IN my hand!
Well, see, THERE'S your problem! How dare you pay attention to anything else when there is a kitten in the room! hee hee hee
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I won't let Charlie (our pet conjure parrot) get at my reader. Knowing him, he'd either poop on it or try to chew it. But he does sometimes sit on my shoulder when I am reading.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #29
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
My cat refuses not to not sleep on my shoulders. That I dont mind so much, but the cat has constant gas and passes wind right in my face
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #30
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Before we had this tech stuff, I had a cat that saw what was claiming my attention, book, magazine or newspaper. She just blocked my view with her charming self, and if I didn't supply the cuddle she was after, "Clover let me finish this!" the reading material was gonna get it!
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote