Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
George R.R. Martin Confirms ‘Winds Of Winter’ Won’t be ready before Season 6 Begins

I knew this was true, but here's confirmation. George R.R. Martin Confirms ‘Winds Of Winter’ Novel Won’t Be Ready Before ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 6 Begins.

He's still writing it now. I probably won't buy it and just continue watching HBO.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/george-r-r-...132937469.html
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I know I won't buy it for sure. I even gave up on the tv show. I bet the book series never gets finished.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
He was the only one still holding out any hope of him being able to keep up with the show; truth be told.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
From what (admittedly little) I've seen of it, the show seems to have veered enough away from the books that I'm not sure it matters anyway.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
From what (admittedly little) I've seen of it, the show seems to have veered enough away from the books that I'm not sure it matters anyway.
Hasn't veered that much. George shared the main points of "The End" with the show-makers already. There may be some deviation, but I guarantee the main threads will tie up in the same manner George has already mapped out for them.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
He was the only one still holding out any hope of him being able to keep up with the show; truth be told.
Do you think he's also the only one who thinks the books will be finished at all? There's two books remaining, and I think he *might* finish the next. I don't think the last will ever be finished. I think the show will finish at least.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Do you think he's also the only one who thinks the books will be finished at all? There's two books remaining, and I think he *might* finish the next. I don't think the last will ever be finished. I think the show will finish at least.
I'm sure the show will be finished. As to Martin finishing, who knows. So far there are two books left , but the series has already grown from what was supposed to be a trilogy to then a projected six and now seven books and each is taking longer and longer. Hopefully his health holds out and maybe his other commitments lessen (although I don't know how much of a factor they are) to allow him to finish.

I've got all of the books, but haven't read "Dance" yet as I've decided to just wait until if/when everything is done to invest more time in it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #8
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Lord, after reading three of the books in a row, halfway through the fourth book I had just had enough. I literally couldn't pick it up without getting this heavy, anxious feeling on my body he he he. From there I tried to just watch season 4 but for whatever reason I just couldn't never get into the show, I found the dialogue really slow and boring and couldn't last a full episode (I was never really a huge fan of the books, although the pace was cerebral I thought the story was OK...)
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:20 AM   #9
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
If it was the last book I would put the series 6 episodes on the box and save them. But given I read Dance with Dragons before the TV series (and amusingly I was rushing to catch up in order to read WofW with everyone else!), there is zero chance that season 7 (and 8) will have a book to work from. Indeed the lag will be so long we should have forgotten what happened by the time the book appears!!

Disappointing. I much prefer my literature before the TV or film adaptation.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:19 AM   #10
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
i have never seen the show but read all the books and really hope that this series is finished
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Even if Martin does not finish the series, there will be someone who will do that.

Last edited by Buhaj47; 01-03-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Big surprise there!

I'll continue watching the series(just started watching season 5). I'll also read the books, if they ever get finished. I think the series has deviated in enough places to make the forthcoming books an interesting read.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #13
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Even if Martin does not finish the series, there will be someone who will do that.
Do you really think that? From the little I've seen of Martin's interaction with his fans, I would suspect he has in his will that any and all unfinished work, including notes of all kinds, be destroyed and that no one CAN legally finish the books.
He seems like that kind of guy...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #14
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Do you really think that? From the little I've seen of Martin's interaction with his fans, I would suspect he has in his will that any and all unfinished work, including notes of all kinds, be destroyed and that no one CAN legally finish the books.

Maybe he is, but money is still stronger when it comes to publishers.
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
Lagopus
Lagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with othersLagopus plays well with others

Device: kindle gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Really? My impression is the exact opposite: He is enough of a fan himself to understand the fans' desire to read the conclusion to the series, and he is enough of a storyteller to want his story arc to be finished. I'm pretty sure he have plans ready for someone to do the same as Brandon Sanderson did with Wheel of Time. My guess is that Ty Franck, who was Martin's assistant for several years and is now one half of the writer duo James S. A. Corey, is designated to pick up and finish.

Will Martin be able to finish on his own? I don't know. He might get a heart attack this year, or he might write beyond 80. And he might get himself out of the corner he's in and finish the last book relatively quickly, or he might continue the trend of spending more and more time on each new book.
Lagopus is offline   Reply With Quote