Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Coolreader on Kindle Paperwhite

I'd like to install Coolreader but I have no idea how. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the way to do it.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I'd recommend this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170436
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you but there are a lot of links and softwares and I'm really confused as to what I should download. I just want someone to post the files I have to download in order to have Coolreader on my Kindle. My Kindle Paperwhite is already jailbroken...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to your PM, you want Coolreader because it has an option to turn of the front light. HackedupReader doesn't have that option so that will be a waste of time.

I think KUAL with the Frontlight toggle extension is a better option:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326

Download the prerequisites-all-supported-devices.zip from that post. Extract the file update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin, place it on the root of your Kindle, Menu > Settings > Menu > Update- Just like the Jailbreak bin.

Download KUAL.V.0.4.zip, extract KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 and place it in the documents folder on your Kindle.

Last step:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=116

Download FLoff.zip, place the contents of that zip- the folder named FrontLight- in a folder named extensions on the root of your kindle.

Launch KUAL, It should be on your kindle home page along with your other documents/books. Once KUAL is running, the Toggle buttons should be available to you.

Last edited by JimmyR; 04-17-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Gazella
Wizard

Thank you so much! The steps were very clear and easy to follow. But when my Kindle is in sleep mode and then I put it back on the built-in light goes on and then I have to open Kindle Launcher and tap on 'Frontlight- Toggle ON/OFF' each time.
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Set the light to 10 or below and in KUAL, try the "Toggle OFF on Wakeup" button.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
Set the light to 10 or below and in KUAL, try the "Toggle OFF on Wakeup" button.
Yes, thank you for mentioning that. If it is enabled to turn off automatically, clicking the toggle off on wakeup will restore normal behavior. Also the level 10 and below can be adjusted to a different light level. See the readme in the extension folder.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote