Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #1921
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You mean it's real!!!

We have a winner.

Krikkit

I thought it was a rather whimsical puzzle and one of my favourite parts of The Hitchhiker's Guide radio plays.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #1922
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I thought it was a rather whimsical puzzle and one of my favourite parts of The Hitchhiker's Guide radio plays.
I don't consider anything after the second series to be real....

pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #1923
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
category: book title
letters: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

_ _ _   _ _ _ _   _ _   _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #1924
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
To your menacing rules apply?

A please
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #1925
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Yes. Guess wrong and a random letter will be withdrawn. I think it's more fun that way, at least for long answers.

One A

Code:

_ _ _   _ A _ _   _ _   _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #1926
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't consider anything after the second series to be real....

OT question here. Did you read the last book of the triology, the one not written by Douglas Adams? I haven't, but it's been bugging me on FictFact that I'm not 'actually' done the series, when in fact I am done.

T as in Trillian?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1927
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
OT question here. Did you read the last book of the triology, the one not written by Douglas Adams? I haven't, but it's been bugging me on FictFact that I'm not 'actually' done the series, when in fact I am done.

T as in Trillian?
No, I haven't read it. I'll get around to a proper re-read of the whole lot sometime, and then add it on the end.

One T

Code:

T _ _   _ A _ _   _ _   _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1928
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes. Guess wrong and a random letter will be withdrawn. I think it's more fun that way, at least for long answers.
I agree. I like those rules. Gives the picking of a wrong letter consequences.

E please
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #1929
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Four Es!

Code:

T _ E   _ A _ _   _ _   _ _ E E _   _ _ _ _ E _
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #1930
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

H as in Hactar?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #1931
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Yes, one H. The first word is indeed "THE".

Code:
letters: -bcd-fg-ijklmnopqrs-uvwxyz

THE   _ A _ _   _ _   _ _ E E _   _ _ _ _ E _

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Goodness - I'd forgotten to delete the used letters!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #1932
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer

F please
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #1933
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

One F.

Code:
letters: -bcd--g-ijklmnopqrs-uvwxyz

THE   _ A _ _   _ F   _ _ E E _   _ _ _ _ E _
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #1934
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

O or I, decisions decisions...

O as in Oolon Colluphid?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1935
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

yes, one O as well.

Code:
letters: -bcd--g-ijklmn-pqrs-uvwxyz

THE   _ A _ _   OF   _ _ E E _   _ _ _ _ E _

Tags
first tag :p, guess them letters!