Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Keats, John: Poetry, V3, 17 Mar 2020

Update V3, 17 March 2020

This update is not really an update, but a completely new edition of Keats's complete poetry (with the exception of the drama Otho the Great.

The three collections published during Keats’s lifetime are followed by the posthumous and fugitive poems in chronological order (as well as possible).

Main source is the 1978 Stillinger edition, which has been made available free of charge by the Oxford Text Archive: ota.ox.ac.uk/id/3259
Since that electronic edition is riddled with conversion errors, however, I also consulted every other edition I could get my hands on. What this is then, is a kind of bastard edition, certainly not perfect, but good enough for now. You are getting this for free after all.

The passages from the letters that I have added to some of the poems in the last section were taken from:
The Letters of John Keats, ed. by Maurice Buxton Forman, Third Edition with revisions and additional letters, O.U.P., 1947.

________
V1 & 2 were among my very first uploads here, seven-and-a-half years ago, and I basically didn't have a clue about making poetry ebooks at the time. As I was learning more, it became clearer and clearer to me how inadequate this Keats was and that I would eventually have to produce a version I would actually like to have on my reader. Well, I hope this one can pass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nightingale.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	177794
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub keats-poetry-v3.epub (899.0 KB, 295 views)

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 03-18-2020 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Upload of V3.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Many thanks for a beautiful production. How are the poems arranged? By date?
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, they're arranged by date. I would have copied the publishing history of the individual poems from the Digibib volume, but I wasn't sure if that might be copyrighted.

But I've just got an idea: I'll make chapters "Poems written in..."

EDIT: Just uploaded V.2 with the new chapters.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 09-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, it is much easier to navigate.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
I guess your next project would be W.B.Yeats
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Not a bad idea. I like Yeats very much.

At the moment I'm doing a complete Heine in German, though. For Yeats, I'd have to find good sources for all the works. And I couldn't stop at the poetry, I think. There's a lot of great prose by him, too. The plays, well...

And then there's Blake, of course. And John Clare. And I've got Tennyson's Idylls of the King in the works, with the Doré illustrations - if I can find them all...

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 10-01-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
I think there is already a illustrated Idylls of the King here. I think TS Eliot would be another wonderful choice. I still can't find "the murder in the cathedral" in Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post

At the moment I'm doing a complete Heine in German, though. For Yeats, I'd have to find good sources for all the works. And I couldn't stop at the poetry, I think. There's a lot of great prose by him, too. The plays, well...

And then there's Blake, of course. And John Clare. And I've got Tennyson's Idylls of the King in the works, with the Doré illustrations - if I can find them all...
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Wow, you're right about the Tennyson - I think I only checked the epub section. Just had a look at the mobi, though, and it uses very low-rez illustrations (probably the ones from adelaide.edu). I'm trying to get them in better quality - I've tracked down most of them, but I think a few are still missing. If I don't have them all after the Heine is finished, I might have to use a few of the low-rez ones.

T.S. Eliot, I'm afraid, didn't follow the example of most hip poets - he just didn't die young. Will still be a while before his works are in the public domain. Kobo is selling his Complete Poems and Plays for under €14, though, which isn't too bad, I think. I might even be tempted to buy it, though I've alredy got the print edition...
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
anacreon
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post

At the moment I'm doing a complete Heine in German, though.
That would be GREAT! Would you include the prose too? I have the Artemis & Winckler Sämtliche Werke should you not have it and wish to check something.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

17 March 2020: Version 3 uploaded

V3 is a completely new edition.

V1 & 2 were made in 2012, when I didn't have a clue about formatting poetry, and were woefully inadequate. Fixed at last...
Old 03-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #11
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
LOVELY!

Thanks very much for this.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:16 AM   #12
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

You're very welcome! Glad you like it.