Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Wedgezilla
Wedgezilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
KF8 Metadata not updating when sent to a KT

Hello, I'm new to all this so please bear with me.

So I recently started using Calibre and I added a bunch of mobi files I had to it and sent them to my Kindle Touch. Books marked as [MOBI] in the Calibre book viewer seem to transfer over with the right metadata, anything marked as [KF8] will transfer fine but they maintain the original metadata, so like none of the changes I've made to the title or author or anything show up on the kindle. I'm using version 0.8.56. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Wedgezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Updating metadata in the KF8 part of joint files is not supported. You can run a mobi to azw3 conversion. The azw3 will be updateable and you can send that to your kindle. Or you can use the tweak book function that will discard the non KF8 part leaving you with an updateable KF8 MOBI.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Wedgezilla

Converting to AZW3 worked great, thanks a lot! Out of curiosity is anything lost in the conversion process? I noticed the file sizes were much smaller, but I couldn't discern any difference between the two except for font size. Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
AZW3 contains only the KF8 portion not the MOBI6 portion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Wedgezilla

Ahh ok, thank you!
Advert