Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
shards_x
shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Onyx Boox Max

Hello. Has anyone figured out how to root the Onyx Boox Max yet?
shards_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by shards_x View Post
Hello. Has anyone figured out how to root the Onyx Boox Max yet?
Probably with super su like all the other Onyx devices.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
shards_x
shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!shards_x , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks Joblack. Do you mean simply to install SuperSU from Google play? I have tried that but upon launch it says that root isn't detected and punts me back to the launcher.

Am I missing something?
Old 05-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shards_x View Post
Thanks Joblack. Do you mean simply to install SuperSU from Google play? I have tried that but upon launch it says that root isn't detected and punts me back to the launcher.

Am I missing something?
In that case it's not that easy. You can install 3rd party apps so there might be other apps.

I think Booxtor has rooted his Max. He could tell you more.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
salarconurraca
salarconurraca began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96, boox Max
Hi everyone!
I just receive my brand new Max from ereader-store.de, and my first impression is that is AWESOME!
...but i'm trying to install a couple of apps from Play Store (Instapaper and Kindle app ) and i get an error.

¿any ideas about that? ¿ do anyone have a different experience?

Thanks in advance.
salarconurraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by salarconurraca View Post
Hi everyone!
...but i'm trying to install a couple of apps from Play Store (Instapaper and Kindle app ) and i get an error.

Thanks in advance.
If you imply the same "Kindle for Android" which is also at Amazon website, there is a note there that "Minimum Operating System: Android 4.1". E-reader.de website says "Additional features OS Android 4.0.4 . Upgrade to Android 4.4 possible."

So, that may be the problem. And this is why I am procrastinating with ordering of the Max. Want it to be realeased with the tested Android and other related firmware.

Last edited by xtech; 05-10-2016 at 02:34 PM.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #7
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Hi everyone!
I just receive my brand new Max from ereader-store.de, and my first impression is that is AWESOME!

Thanks in advance.
You could use the Market Helper (https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-in...pps-on-android)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
salarconurraca
salarconurraca began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96, boox Max
Joblack, Xtech : thank you very much for the quick response.

Xtech > then i gonna focus on upgrade my device to the 4.4 android version.
Joblack > Market Helper involve rooting my device, it's take us back to square one (the question of Shards_x)

I'll keep you posted of my progress.

Regards

Editing...
Upgrade also involve rooting...

Maybe we have to wait the upgrade...

Last edited by salarconurraca; 05-10-2016 at 03:54 PM.
salarconurraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #9
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Maybe we have to wait the upgrade...
I am not sure that the manufacturer knows about the need in the Android upgrade. Years can go by, and upgrade may not come out...

Here is the website of Onyx International, in case may some needs it: http://www.onyx-international.com/index.php/en/#
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #10
joblack
Wizard

I got an answer for my question where to report bugs or suggestions for the Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Dear User,

Thanks for your email and support of ONYX BOOX. Any bugs or suggestion you can send us email. I will transfer your mail to development department.

best regards
Onyx International Inc.
The email address was sales@onyx-international.com.

So you might send them (politely of course ) general suggestions and bug reports for the Max to be forwarded to their development department.

Last edited by joblack; 05-10-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #11
shards_x

I've successfully rooted my Onyx Boox Max. Thanks to Booxtor for showing me the way.

Kingo Root: https://www.kingoapp.com/

I used the Windows version. The Android one doesn't work, but the Windows one does. It took about 20 minutes for the Windows app to do its thing, but it successfully rooted the device.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:01 PM   #12
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is this root version only for the Max or will it also work on the N96ML?
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote