Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
Looking for Walmart Vaultz hard case

Hi

I'm looking for a hard case for my Sony reader
Someone on this forum mentioned that the Vaultz 48cd case from Walmart online would be a good fit
Is it this one ?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=6121384

Search didn't reveal a 48

Also does the reader just slot into a pocket or is it surrounded by foam ?

Any other suggestions for a hard case ?

thanks
richard
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
I don't think it will fit in this case. The case is only 5.5 inches wide, leaving less than 1/4 inch on each side of the Reader. You need at least 6 inches of width, more with side hinges. I prefer this case: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11420 , but then I made it. I suppose a thicker case could provide more cushioning, but I wanted thin. Mine is protected by an inch of paper in by briefcase. Not to be morbid, but where are you planning to go with your Reader that indicates an armored case is needed?
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
richfei
richfei began at the beginning.

Device: 123123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders View Post
I don't think it will fit in this case. The case is only 5.5 inches wide, leaving less than 1/4 inch on each side of the Reader. You need at least 6 inches of width, more with side hinges. I prefer this case: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11420 , but then I made it. I suppose a thicker case could provide more cushioning, but I wanted thin. Mine is protected by an inch of paper in by briefcase. Not to be morbid, but where are you planning to go with your Reader that indicates an armored case is needed?
Unfortunately not all of us have the time or inclination to make a case. Someone mentioned the Vaultz case on this forum but I couldn't find it. Not particularly looking for an armored case. Just looking for something very sturdy for an item which on the whole is pretty thin and can be easily damaged. I'm sure there are hard cases out there. I will continue to look
richfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I use the 48cd Vaultz case from Walmart (cost $20USD). A Vaultz rep said that this size case is primarily sold by this department store chain.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=vaultz
the reader fits into a mesh pocket on one side and the charger/LED lamp fits into the mest pocket on the other side.

The Vaultz case has a strap that you can use to tote the case on your shoulder. Although it may be bigger than what most people want, it seems quite sturdy and fits my needs.

http://www.ideastreamproducts.com/vaultz/Wallet.html

Last edited by gardenstate; 10-09-2007 at 03:51 PM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfei View Post
Unfortunately not all of us have the time or inclination to make a case. Someone mentioned the Vaultz case on this forum but I couldn't find it. Not particularly looking for an armored case. Just looking for something very sturdy for an item which on the whole is pretty thin and can be easily damaged. I'm sure there are hard cases out there. I will continue to look
I made two of them in 15 minutes. It's really as simple as can be: pop out the latch, cut and install some foam, et voila.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert