Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Harden Taylor
Harden Taylor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down epub errors

HELP! Although I should probably know better seeing as how I predate the invention of dirt, I've fallen into the bad habit of writing ebooks (novels and a short story collection). Smashwords.com has accepted four of my novels in the premium catalog but indicates that two will not be accepted by Apple because of epub errors. The message I get from the automated checking device recommended by Smashwords.com states, "No epub file to check was specified in arguments." I have no clue as to what this means. I've followed all the formatting rules, performed the "nuclear option" twice (don't worry, I'm not a terrorist though I feel terrorized by this process) and have requested help but received no response. Is there a kind-hearted nerd out there somewhere who would be willing to help me? I should point out that one of the self-help options mentioned was to try the Mobileread Forums so I think I'm not too far out of line requesting help here though I may be in the wrong forum (I'm still struggling to get out of the 19th century and into the 20th, thus my ignorance of things modern).
Best Regards, Harden Taylor
Harden Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, you are in the wrong forum.

This is the Introduce Yourself Forum, where new members take the time and courtesy to introduce themselves. Hence, the name of the forum: Introduce Yourself.

Look around our site for the correct forum for your question.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote