Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
emusan
Edge User

Somewhat complete forum backup!

I spent the last day-ish creating a backup of the forum using HTTrack, a website copier. It's a little fiddly and I don't think I got the whole forum(in fact I'm know for a fact I didn't), and the search doesn't work, but I'm zipping it up and I will upload it to my personal site soon-ish (all 3+ GIGS of it, wow), in case the forums actually go down and people want all of the info that's here.

I'll try and make it searchable and viewable without downloading the whole bunch of forums, but until then this will have to do.

Hopefully someone finds it useful

http://somestupidwebsite.com/downloa...ums/index.html - I know that the site isn't pretty, consider it a work in progress, but it works. Also note that the file is ~1 gig, so please don't download it more than once, I do have to pay for this.

If anyone is able to get a fuller backup of these board I'll be happy to host it, but until then this will have to do. I'll also try and update it when I can but it takes some time.

Last edited by emusan; 05-26-2011 at 10:40 PM.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

Awesome work. I've tried ripping entire websites but never had much luck. I think the better tools are for Windows (and I'm on a Mac).. and I probably shouldn't have tested it out on "LostPedia."

Are you posting this to MobileRead as well?

Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Are you posting this to MobileRead as well?
Yup: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=155569

Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
Filark
Edge User

Thank you!

I think I'll bookmark your site for now, do the download if/when I need it (not to waste your resources! )

Old 05-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
larka2006
Edge User

Excellent, thanks a lot for backup! Will download it if this forum goes down...

Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
maspears
Edge User

Thanks, bookmarking for now. For some reason I was not able to pull up the forum without many tries. Thankful for mobileread and your site.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
aidren
Edge User

Thanks emusan. I will bookmark, too, for now.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
pewterbot9
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
I spent the last day-ish creating a backup of the forum using HTTrack
'Scuse me, but, you never mentioned using HTTrack until after EdgeHacker provided the link to that application several days ago, so that others may download these forums, if they wish. You're just a ripoff artist, stealing other folks' contributions, making it look like you're the originator. How cheesy.

You're also starting to talk about money and opening an Entourage store over at Mobile Read. Which is the real reason you've bashed and sabotaged Edge Hacker's site. And he suggested that was your true motive...which you denied. You saw some chance to gain $$$, thus don't want anyone else's setting up a new Entourage support site getting in your way to make some quick bucks.

I assure you: your backstabbing ploys will not win you customers, friends, or success. With or w/o your little clique of arse-licking baboons. I am surprised your mother lacked the good sense to strangle you with your own umbilical cord the moment you popped out of her unholy womb.

There are many Entourage users who've downloaded this or that thread, which will eventually be converted into text files...thus sparing anyone from the headache of downloading the entire 3+ gig forums from your site, or any other. Meanwhile, enjoy the expensive ddos attacks you're bound to experience.

You have PO'd far more eDGe users who appreciate Edge Hacker's efforts, besides myself. If you think you're actually gonna get anywhere with stealing other people's ideas for your own selfish gains...then you're in for a rather bumpy ride.

Last edited by pewterbot9; 05-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewterbot9 View Post
'Scuse me, but, you never mentioned using HTTrack until after EdgeHacker provide the link to that application, so that others may download these forums, if they wish. You're just a ripoff artist, stealing other folks' contributions, making it look like you're the originator. How cheesy.

You're also starting to talk about money and opening an Entourage store over at Mobile Read. Which is the real reason you've bashed and sabotaged Edge Hacker's site. And he suggested that was your true motive...which you denied. You saw some chance to gain $$$, thus don't want anyone else's setting up a new Entourage support site getting in your way to make some quick bucks.

I assure you: your backstabbing ploys will not win you customers, friends, or success. With or w/o your little clique of arse-licking baboons. I am surprised your mother lacked the good sense to strangle you with your own umbilical cord the moment you popped out of her unholy womb.

There are many Entourage users who've downloaded this or that thread, which will eventually be converted into text files...thus sparing anyone from the headache of downloading the entire 3+ gig forums from your site, or anyone other. Meanwhile, enjoy the expensive ddos attacks you're bound to experience.

You have PO'd far more eDGe users who appreciate Edge Hacker's efforts, besides myself. If you think you're actually gonna get anywhere with stealing other people's ideas for your own selfish gains...then you're in for a rather bumpy ride.
wow, I clearly made you angry, threatening to DDos someone is a serious offense and will be dealt with as such, including legal action if need be.

WinHTTrack is a well known mirroring application, if you want I can send you logs clearly stating that I started backing up these forums days before EdgeHacker created his forum.

I said I was not accepting money for this, and that I would only accept money for the future release of the store app I am working on. I guess I should clarify this, my idea for the store app is to create an app similar to the entourage store, but instead of linking to the entourage site it would link to other places to get the same stuff, for example google books for books and the mobile read forum for community(it will be a free app as well, don't worry, I wont make a cent off of you I'm sure).

I really don't think you understand what is going on here, you should try and get the full story before posting threats on a board.

BTW, I am logging IP's that contact my server, and if any one of them does anything funky I will block it.

As I have stated, if anyone has a more complete backup(your beloved edgehacker for example) I will be willing to host that instead of my own, but as I have also stated, I know of no more complete one at this point. I don't see how hosting this on my own servers is damaging to the community either, but if you give me a good enough reason I will take it down.

EDIT: and that new avatar is rather untasteful imho, thank god for ABP

Last edited by emusan; 05-27-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #10
emusan
Edge User

I just found out what went wrong with my first backup(why it was incomplete), and I will be running it through again, this time it should grab all of it(or at least a TON more). And this time I will be hosting it without zipping it up, since that seems to **** some people off too much.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
ivan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
I just found out what went wrong with my first backup(why it was incomplete), and I will be running it through again, this time it should grab all of it(or at least a TON more). And this time I will be hosting it without zipping it up, since that seems to **** some people off too much.
Since you are doing such a fine job I don't need to aim my slurping program at the forum - two of us doing it at the same time night be a bit too much for the server. Plus it will mean I won't have to mix this with work on our server even though we have several TB of spare storage.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
pewterbot9
Edge User

emusan

Old 05-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
emusan
Edge User

Quote:

emusan
If I knew what that meant I might say something more intelligible, instead I'll just do what you two seem to LOVE!!!:

By any chance, do you have a framed needlepoint plaque hanging up somewhere in your kitchen or living room, that declares (in pretty shades of pink, blue and green):

No good deed
goes
unpunished.

copy+pasted from your friend, only in this case I am actually being threatened .

EDIT: forgot to add the colors

Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
pewterbot9
Edge User

Interesting you now feel threatened, emusan. Guilty conscience much?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #15
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Interesting you now feel threatened, emusan. Guilty conscience much?
maybe, or, slightly more likely, its due to the fact that you threatened me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peweterbot9
There are many Entourage users who've downloaded this or that thread, which will eventually be converted into text files...thus sparing anyone from the headache of downloading the entire 3+ gig forums from your site, or any other. Meanwhile, enjoy the expensive ddos attacks you're bound to experience.
yep, thats a threat.

Now, could we please stop with the immature ********? if you really want to continue this, PM me, but I don't want this thread cluttered up with your ignorance, let the adults have their "big people" conversations, I'll give you a few dolls or action figures to play with if you want.