Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #541
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
And with many PI, you can make your configuration to have it show on BOTH.

The Secondary toolbar does not have Connected/disconnected sensitivity
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #542
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember there are different menu's displayed; one for no device attached and another for device attached.

Head into Preferences | Interface | Toolbar and you can select what actions to have on each toolbar. Pay attention to The main toolbar and The main toolbar when a device is attached!
Perfect! Thank you!
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #543
FunkyOne
Member Retired
FunkyOne began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Apologies if this has been asked, but when I sync reviews from Goodreads, they're shortened to about 200 characters in Calibre. Is this intended?

My multi-paragraph review of 'The Rapture of the Nerds' turned into this: "Bah. Got 70 pages in before I got fed up with cuteness and lack of depth. Stross is really interestingly smart and thoughtful about the near future, but his characterization is an afterthought. The way people will BE in the future is barely part of his thinking. And Doctorow has more of the day-t..."
FunkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #544
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I just was forced to upgrade to Win8. Had to reinstall calibre [v9.32]and all my plugins.
Successfully added this [GR shows a "no application" as having access] and I can link books to GR just fine.

But when I go to sync, I get the following:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.9.32
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>error</b>:[Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 330, in _accept_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 325, in get_goodreads_books_on_shelves
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 97, in _oauth_request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 682, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1445, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1197, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1180, in _conn_request
File "httplib.py", line 543, in read
File "httplib.py", line 601, in _read_chunked
File "httplib.py", line 658, in _safe_read
File "socket.py", line 380, in read
error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Is there anything I can do about this?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #545
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Personally no clue mate, I wouldn't touch Windows 8 with a barge pole. It could just be a temporary connection issue, try again later. Either way no suggestions I can make other than making sure it isn't some sort of firewall issue.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #546
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Thanks Kiwi. I was afraid of that. sigh. I'll definitely check the firewall settings for sure.

Update:

It WAS the win8 firewall. It never even gave me the option to add it to the trusted list.

Last edited by Ravensknight; 06-01-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: update
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #547
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Hi.

I upgraded my OS last week which involved a fresh install of the OS itself (Linux Mint 15) followed by a restore of my data from backup. I installed Calibre 0.9.33, attached my existing library and re-installed the Goodreads Sync plugin. Now I try to use it and I get this:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.33
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 404
<error>Not found</error>
followed by:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.33
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>XMLSyntaxError</b>:Extra content at the end of the document, line 1, column 1

File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1220, in action_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 256, in add_remove_book_to_shelf
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 554, in get_xml_tree
  File "xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
  File "parser.pxi", line 1171, in lxml.etree._FeedParser.close (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:79807)
  File "parser.pxi", line 561, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:74425)
  File "parser.pxi", line 650, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:75379)
  File "parser.pxi", line 590, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:74712)
XMLSyntaxError: Extra content at the end of the document, line 1, column 1
Any ideas?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #548
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most likely Goodreads have screwed up again with tinkering with their servers. I have reported it on their developer forums, hopefully someone will sort it out on their side. Obviously nothing has changed as far as the plugin is concerned so nothing I have control over unfortunately...
Old 06-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #549
samibecker
samibecker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Starting last night, with no updates on my part of either Calibre or Windows 8 (which I *despise*), I am having the exact same problem as latepaul. Same wording, same numbers, same everything. It's been working with no problems until last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Hi.

I upgraded my OS last week which involved a fresh install of the OS itself (Linux Mint 15) followed by a restore of my data from backup. I installed Calibre 0.9.33, attached my existing library and re-installed the Goodreads Sync plugin. Now I try to use it and I get this:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.33
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 404
<error>Not found</error>
followed by:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.33
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>XMLSyntaxError</b>:Extra content at the end of the document, line 1, column 1

File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1220, in action_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 256, in add_remove_book_to_shelf
  File "xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
  File "parser.pxi", line 1171, in lxml.etree._FeedParser.close (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:79807)
  File "parser.pxi", line 561, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:74425)
  File "parser.pxi", line 650, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:75379)
  File "parser.pxi", line 590, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:74712)
Any ideas?
samibecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #550
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Must be on Goodreads end. I got a similar error earlier today.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #551
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Thanks Kiwidude. I thought it was probably at the GR api end but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I'd done in the re-install.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #552
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
I'm getting the same error. But only when I try to Add to Shelf. I can do everything else including Sync and Download Tags.
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #553
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Yup, everyone will get that error until Goodreads fixes it. FYI the thread I raised on their forums is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...king-404-error
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #554
Firesong
Firesong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle apps
I'm currently trying to add a book to shelf on goodreads, it was working a couple of days ago, but now I get an error. Here's the details.

calibre, version 0.9.33

File "xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
File "parser.pxi", line 1187, in lxml.etree._FeedParser.close (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:87912)
File "parser.pxi", line 557, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:82165)
File "parser.pxi", line 656, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:83209)
File "parser.pxi", line 596, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:82536)
Firesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #555
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Firesong please just read the posts at the end of the thread above yours before posting...

Tags
calibre, goodreads