Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #46
pegasusses
pegasusses began at the beginning.

Device: none
i can't view unicode vietnamese fonts, though i have installed an unicode font
pegasusses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #47
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
I dont know if this has been answered anywhere else, so please pardon my ignorance. Is there a way we can get the default kindle fonts in duokan?

Also, why does a mobi book in duokan looks so much worse than in kindle OS?
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #48
zatan
zatan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Hi , I am trying to install "Duokan_0_5_13_7713__2010_12_25_english/" it to my Kindle 3 with no luck...

1. I copied DK_Documents, DK_System, DK_Documents in to Kindle root directory and also update_duokan_0b00a.bin I pressed “Update Your Kindle” than Kindle start updating his own stuff, after restarts I didnt see any boot screen.

I tried to dont press “Update Your Kindle” but instead press "Restart" than I start getting error saying that update was Unsuccessful pres "R" after i pressed red my kindle boot in to boot screen and I pressed "Q" and than I saw this screen :

http://i.imgur.com/xhhfw.jpg

screen start flickering, after few flickering kindle restart again in to the KINDLE OS..

Is anyone know how to fix it? or maybe can give a link to the older version of doukan

thanks

Last edited by zatan; 12-30-2010 at 07:54 PM.
zatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatan View Post
Hi , I am trying to install "Duokan_0_5_13_7713__2010_12_25_english/" it to my Kindle 3 with no luck...

1. I copied DK_Documents, DK_System, DK_Documents in to Kindle root directory and also update_duokan_0b00a.bin I pressed “Update Your Kindle” than Kindle start updating his own stuff, after restarts I didnt see any boot screen.

I tried to dont press “Update Your Kindle” but instead press "Restart" than I start getting error saying that update was Unsuccessful pres "R" after i pressed red my kindle boot in to boot screen and I pressed "Q" and than I saw this screen :

http://i.imgur.com/xhhfw.jpg

screen start flickering, after few flickering kindle restart again in to the KINDLE OS..

Is anyone know how to fix it? or maybe can give a link to the older version of doukan

thanks
just try restarting it a couple of times...
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #50
ryex
ryex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st gen
Stupid question, but is it possible to get this on the first gen kindle, or like everything else cool, first gen out of luck?
ryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #51
gemipiggy
gemipiggy began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by linksys View Post
Try what I may, I cannot see the boot menu!

I have a Kindle 2 International (B003)

I copy the DK* folders to the kindle root directory.

I copy the Update_DK_k2i.bin file in "12月11号发布版本/卸载包/K2+DX全能版(美国+国际版)卸载包".

I "update" the kindle2.

I restart the kindle.

No boot menu!

I have restarted it 3-4 times. I have resetted the kindle to factory settings, and then installed duokan. Still no boot menu! Even tried pressing '1' continuously... still the kindle2 boots into the default firmware.

Help!!
I didn't tried DuoKan. But the Chinese in the post means: Dec 11 Release/Uninstall package/For K2 and DX(US and International) Uninstall Package.
gemipiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #52
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
I need some help installing Duokan.
I copied the three DK_ directories to the Kindle's root, as well as the update file. Updated. So far so good--it restarts and then it takes me to the splash screen in Chinese asking me to press Q for Duokan. If I don't, I go back to the original OS, if I do, I see a Duokan progress bar, then it disappears (blank screen), then I see it again... it does the same thing once or twice again, and then it sends me back to a screen that says "Wait while your Kindle starts up." So it restarts, and takes back to the screen where I must chose OS.
Thanks for your help.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #53
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by linksys View Post

Installed the older version, rebooted to Duokan, replaced the DK_System to the one from the newer version. worked great!
I'll try what linksys did and report.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #54
Francesco
Aficionado

no dice... I was able to successfully install the previous version. I even fiddled with it a bit, but when I replaced the DK_System folder in my Kindle, Duokan reverted to its buggy behavior.
Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #55
apofview
apofview began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polvo View Post
Will an Amazon firmaware upgrade affect Duokan?
No, you can upgrade the original system Kindle without issues.
Well this is not true anymore, update to 3.1 will disable instalation of Duokan sadly...
apofview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #56
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Tried MP3 player but it does not work. After i press Alt-M the player shows up briefly (with "No File" and an empty list) before it disappears again. Pressing "T" to add does not do anything. I put my mp3 files all over the place (in DK_Music and DK_Documents and Documents).

Anyone any ideas?

PS. Kindle 3wifi with firmware 3.0.3. Duokan version 0.5.13.7800 Beta1231

Last edited by Starko; 02-13-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #57
Nemo.y.lee
Nemo.y.lee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Unbelievalble, I hope you can enjoy your all ebooks by Duokan.
Actually, Duokan system is using to replace original system in Kindle in China,
Because that Amazon can not provide a perfect font solution in ori. system by now.
but I guess the kindle Chinese version will be released this year.
We are happy to see it happen, and read real Chinese books by Kindle.
Nemo.y.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #58
nogre
nogre is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
Tried MP3 player but it does not work. After i press Alt-M the player shows up briefly (with "No File" and an empty list) before it disappears again. Pressing "T" to add does not do anything. I put my mp3 files all over the place (in DK_Music and DK_Documents and Documents).

Anyone any ideas?

PS. Kindle 3wifi with firmware 3.0.3. Duokan version 0.5.13.7800 Beta1231
I have the exact same problem. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?
nogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #59
omk
omk is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Tried Duokan for its superior (TOC!) pdf support, however ultimately rejected it because the UI (including the pdf TOC) did not seem to rotate between landscape/portrait. only the displayed pdfs did, and they became a bit distorted at that.

I realize my use case may be a bit exotic (I spend lot of time in landscape switching between an index and pdf pages), but did I miss some rotation setting other than the Aa button ?

Thanks

Last edited by omk; 02-18-2011 at 01:59 AM.
omk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #60
desUBIKado
desUBIKado began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogre View Post
I have the exact same problem. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Put your mp3 files in "music" folder. Not use "DK_Music" because don't work.
desUBIKado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle