Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
mikeinpa
mikeinpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Linking two kindles (saving page locations)

Hello all,

I'm sure it has been asked before and for that I apologize. I searched for an answer but couldn't find one. My question is whether two linked kindles would save book locations. Here is the scenario:

I have a Kindle 2 that I generally keep at work (m-f) for lunchtime reading. Some days I bring my Kindle home through the week for evening reading, but find that I often forget to bring it back into work the following morning. I have considered buying a second Kindle that I could keep solely at home or at the office.

My question is this: Could Kindle #1 be linked to Kindle #2 so that it locates the location of the book (page number) found in the corresponding device? For example: I buy a book at work with Kindle #1 and read to page 50. Would I be able to open Kindle #2 (at home) and have it load to page 50 of the book that I previously purchased with the other device?

Thank you for any and all assistance.
mikeinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mikeinpa

Yes........that can be done, but someone else will have to step in an show you how.....lets find the duck!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
there is an option on manage my kindle on the Amazon site to sync the devices as long as they are on the same account.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinpa View Post
Hello all,

I'm sure it has been asked before and for that I apologize. I searched for an answer but couldn't find one. My question is whether two linked kindles would save book locations. Here is the scenario:

I have a Kindle 2 that I generally keep at work (m-f) for lunchtime reading. Some days I bring my Kindle home through the week for evening reading, but find that I often forget to bring it back into work the following morning. I have considered buying a second Kindle that I could keep solely at home or at the office.

My question is this: Could Kindle #1 be linked to Kindle #2 so that it locates the location of the book (page number) found in the corresponding device? For example: I buy a book at work with Kindle #1 and read to page 50. Would I be able to open Kindle #2 (at home) and have it load to page 50 of the book that I previously purchased with the other device?

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Welcome to MobileRead mikeinpa. The answer is "Yes", it's called Whispersync! It will work across all Kindle devices and Kindle apps.

Quote:
Syncing Material Across Your Devices

If you read the same Kindle Store book across multiple Kindles, you'll find Whispersync makes it easy for you to switch back and forth. Whispersync synchronizes the bookmarks and furthest page read among devices registered to the same account. Whispersync is on by default to ensure a seamless reading experience for a book read across multiple Kindles.
To turn Whispersync off:

1. Visit the Manage Your Kindle page.
2. Scroll down to "Manage synchronization between devices. Learn more." and select "Learn more."
3. Select "Turn Synchronization off."

Once you turn synchronization off, your books will still open to the last page read on that device, but Whispersync will no longer sync bookmarks or the furthest page read with other devices. If you would like to sync the book manually, press the Menu button and select "Sync to Furthest Page Read."
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Whispersync only works on books purchased from Amazon. If you manually add other books from non-Amazon sites, you will have to remember your location.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert