Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #1
LGM29
LGM29 began at the beginning.

Device: Energi System Pro+
Energy Sistem Pro+: sort books by series ?

Hello

I'm trying to upload a series of 20 books to my Pro+, using Calibre.
I wish I could then sort these books by series index, on the Pro+.

Is there any way to achieve this ?
NB: I was facing dramatic battery drain after using the play store to install alternate book readers. So I did a full reset and now the battery drain is gone but I'm back with FBreader which doesn't let me sort by series ...

I have created a template in calibre which adds the series index in the book title, but this template puts 00 in books that are not part of any series !

I also tried to add the series index in the book title but .. that sucks ! (somehow).

Has anyone managed to find a *good* way of sorting series ?

Thanks
LGM29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
This is what I use: {tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}

I have a Boyue T62+ and load them on a external sdcard. Then I use the built-in Filemanager to view my books not the reader part of the software. Which lists them by Genre/Letter/AuthorName/Series/Title so you end up seeing the sequence of the book and non series books are in the base folder listed by just there title.

Hope that helps and makes sense to you.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
LGM29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
This is what I use: {tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}
Wow thanks !
Exactly what I was looking for.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

I'm using this:
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s||} - {title:re(',)} - {authors}

Works perfectly.

BTW: I performed the OTA update to "V3.0". So far, so good.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM29 View Post
Wow thanks !
Exactly what I was looking for.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

I'm using this:

Works perfectly.

I used this for a while too but found some issues with it from time to time:

So I switched to this a few years ago and have not had a single issue since.
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>5.2f| |-}{title}

Welcome.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Are there any improvements or enhancements with V3.0 ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
LGM29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Are there any improvements or enhancements with V3.0 ?
I have not seen any improvements ...
The release notes indicate a better battery life, and a few fixes regarding spanish language pack ..

Why did they call it V3.0 for such minor evolutions ? I don't get it.

Strangely enough the web site support section still offers V1.0 only for download.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:00 AM   #7
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
I have not seen any improvements ...
The release notes indicate a better battery life, and a few fixes regarding spanish language pack ..

Why did they call it V3.0 for such minor evolutions ? I don't get it.

Strangely enough the web site support section still offers V1.0 only for download.
I think it is V3.0 because they put out a V2 some time ago and then withdrew it as there were problems.

The V1.0 on the website, again I think, is so you can revert to the original if there is a problem. i.e it is a "fallback" version.

I've d/loaded V3 and the notes I saw (in Spanish so my interpretation may be wrong) also referred to the dictionary which I have now got working (albeit within the reader app and not as a standalone dictionary).

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:21 AM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you use calibre I would recommend using calibre companion.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote