Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Firmware 3.0.0 0cbc3626b3

This was rather unexpected. Just updated the Touch to firmware 2.10.0 and synced wireless and it updated from this to 3.0.0

See attached pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	1654
Size:	788.3 KB
ID:	115170   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	1543
Size:	794.7 KB
ID:	115171  
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Whats the build date ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Whats the build date ?
I thought it was in the picture, but its kinda blury, 11/12/13

regards

Jack
Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also could you try this and tell me what you see on Power Off (and on Sleep); Settings | Light, Sleep and Power | ScreenSaver, Show current read ON, Show book cover full screen ON, Show info panel on full screen covers OFF.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Also could you try this and tell me what you see on Power Off (and on Sleep); Settings | Light, Sleep and Power | ScreenSaver, Show current read ON, Show book cover full screen ON, Show info panel on full screen covers OFF.
here you go

regards

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	983
Size:	361.0 KB
ID:	115172   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	946
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	115173   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	940
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	115174   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	1027
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	115175   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	945
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	115176   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	995
Size:	645.5 KB
ID:	115177  

Last edited by jackastor; 11-13-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

So am I right in saying that with the Show info panel on full screen covers OFF you don't see the Sleeping % or Power % on the screen, just the cover?

Last build we got the Sleeping % was removed but not the Power off %.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
So am I right in saying that with the Show info panel on full screen covers OFF you don't see the Sleeping % or Power % on the screen, just the cover?

Last build we got the Sleeping % was removed but not the Power off %.
Correct but I don't think I did a power off. Let me verify that. every thing here is the sleep settings I think, Powered off still has the bar across the top with percent read.

regards

Jack
Old 11-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Is the nice narrow sleep banner back? Yahoo!!!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
It is. I would tell you more but unfortunately my StepMother is have a fit because she plugged her ereader in and connected to my dads computer and unceremoniously unplugged it with out ejecting and resulted in a corrupted database and unfortunately for her she mis remembers the title of the JD Robb books she was reading because the only title close to what she suggested is not what is there. But because of the corrupted database I did a wireless sync and got the update. After updating it to 2.10.0

Regards

Jack
Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Changes in 3.0.0

Here is a list of what I know was changed in 3.0.0:
  • The Touch get the following updates:
    • Tiled home screen
    • Pocket
    • "Beyond the book" (or whatever it is called) when reading purchased kepubs.
  • Screensaver has an extra option to not show reading status when using full screen cover images.
  • Book menu in library lists has
    • "Mark unread" if the book is in progress or finished
    • "Remove" will prompt with options for were to remove the book.
  • "Dictionary" added to "Extras" menu on home screen. This gives access to translations as well.
  • Library lists have filters for "All", "Reading", "Unread" and "Finished".
  • "Library Settings" screen. On menu in library lists and the Settings screen. Has settings to exclude books not downloaded to device and not show the book icon.
  • In settings "Accounts" screen has the different logins services. Previously, the "Pocket" login was on the Pocket settings.
  • Current book tile for sideloaded books showing number of annotations again

The above list comes from my notes taken during the beta testing. I may have missed something or included something that was already released but I hadn't noticed.

Note: I have been told that the Touch didn't get the library list filter and the "Dictionary" item on the "Extras" menu.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
FW3.0.0 and calibre

The new firmware has been thoroughly tested with calibre. There have been no changes on the device that will affect the KoboTouch driver. I will checkin the version number bump this week. In the meantime, use the "Attempt to support newer firmware version" option in the driver configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
The bigger news is that there is now an option for NO banner of any sort on the screen (which is reeaaalllyyy nice and long desired -- going back to the original Kobo maybe). Looks sweet on the Aura HD with full screen high res cover..
Having said that, I'm not sure the narrow banner isn't only on the Touch (maybe the mini?) -- Aura HD still shows the box (rather than the banner) when show info is selected. It appears to be the same build as we have in beta, but I can't guarantee that, so it's possible they've changed something.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
The bigger news is that there is now an option for NO banner of any sort on the screen (which is reeaaalllyyy nice and long desired -- going back to the original Kobo maybe). Looks sweet on the Aura HD with full screen high res cover..
Having said that, I'm not sure the narrow banner isn't only on the Touch (maybe the mini?) -- Aura HD still shows the box (rather than the banner) when show info is selected. It appears to be the same build as we have in beta, but I can't guarantee that, so it's possible they've changed something.
So far this update only came down wirelessly and totally unexpected for me. So unfortunately I was not able to save the update files for back up purposes.

Hopefully we will see the link for it soon enough. Also it did only update on the one touch not the second one here in the house. And Although I did immediately sync all devices, not even the Aura HD updated.

On that note is this release only for the Touch models or will it be a general release for all Devices, does anyone have an idea?

regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 11-13-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The new firmware has been thoroughly tested with calibre. There have been no changes on the device that will affect the KoboTouch driver. I will checkin the version number bump this week. In the meantime, use the "Attempt to support newer firmware version" option in the driver configuration.
What's the DB version for this update?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #15
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Hopefully we will see the link for it soon enough. Also it did only update on the one touch not the second one here in the house. And Although I did immediately sync all devices, not even the Aura HD updated.

On that note is this release only for the Touch models or will it be a general release for all Devices, does anyone have an idea?
I got it on my Touch on regular sync.
Not positive at all, but I suspect this will be a Touch only update.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote