Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
Kindle Keyboard "cannot load page" error when trying to access Calibre server

Never had a problem before.
Have a 3rd gen Kindle keyboard. Nothing has changed.
Recently when I try to load my calibre server in the web browser, I always get a "cannot load page" error.

The calibre server is running, the server loads fine on my ipad and other kindle (same generation) but for some reason my main kindle cannot load the calibre page at all.

Have checked and reset the network settings etc. and verified that the network is working fine. The kindle can load any other page I throw at it like amazon, cnn etc. The only page it will not load is my calibre server.

Any ideas?
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouton View Post
Never had a problem before.
Have a 3rd gen Kindle keyboard. Nothing has changed.
Recently when I try to load my calibre server in the web browser, I always get a "cannot load page" error.

The calibre server is running, the server loads fine on my ipad and other kindle (same generation) but for some reason my main kindle cannot load the calibre page at all.

Have checked and reset the network settings etc. and verified that the network is working fine. The kindle can load any other page I throw at it like amazon, cnn etc. The only page it will not load is my calibre server.

Any ideas?
Is this Kindle really connecting to the SAME LAN as the , and not grabbing some other local WiFi for access?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is this Kindle really connecting to the SAME LAN as the , and not grabbing some other local WiFi for access?
Yep have verified that it is only connecting to one LAN and thats my local.
I can access other home servers via the web browser, the calibre server is the only one that fails.

I must be missing something. Same calibre server works fine on other devices.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep have verified that it is only connecting to one LAN and thats my local.
I can access other home servers via the web browser, the calibre server is the only one that fails.

I must be missing something. Same calibre server works fine on other devices.
Did you use the configured port? <serverIP>:8080 <adjust to match

Did you set a password on the content server (see red note there)
Old 09-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
crouton
Try me on salads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you use the configured port? <serverIP>:8080 <adjust to match

Did you set a password on the content server (see red note there)
Yep using the configured port which has not changed, the kindle previously was able to connect to this same server. Nothing has changed but Calibre updates.

Using the same address can connect to the calibre server using other devices, but not the kindle. I do not keep the content server password protected.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Yep using the configured port which has not changed, the kindle previously was able to connect to this same server. Nothing has changed but Calibre updates.

Using the same address can connect to the calibre server using other devices, but not the kindle. I do not keep the content server password protected.
I am totally outta ideas
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Cycle the power on your Kindle (not sleep mode) and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote