Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #16
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That still falls under lack of effort to me. You can return regular books early to your library, therefore anyone would also assume there must be a way to do it for ebooks too. Then you go to your Overdrive page or Google and find out how. It's not rocket science. It's how I found out how to return ebooks early after I finished my first borrowed book.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
If a book had that many holds, I'd probably buy it.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are going to be waiting for that eBook for just over 2 years if you library has a maximum of 14-days borrow. If the maximum borrow time is 21-days, then it's just over 3 years.
I think you're guess was a little off. FWIW, the maximum borrow time at the library is 21-days.

The book became available today.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
On occasion, I borrow a book without realizing that it's a spin off to a series that I have not yet read, or I start reading and dislike a book. In that case, I always return it right away,thinking of the other patrons on the hold list. Also, I can read a book in one weekend day, and I am thinking I am not alone.
And I, too, put a book on multiple hold lists and get it from wherever it becomes available first.

So far, the longest I have waited for a book was 3-4 weeks. If I desperately wanted to read it, I'd just buy it, but my TBR pile is sky high and my Kindle chock full with titles that wait to be read.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote