Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
The double books are both places. I show hidden files. I won't worry about it.

I have an older Kindle 3 I think, they call it Wi-Fi on Amazon. Not sure how to get books there other than plugging it in. My hubby has that one now. Not sure how you do anything else with it, it doesn't really have much capability does it? Since he reads slow and lightly (not like me) I put enough books on it for a while

I did use Dropbox to put on another computer to access so at least I have learned that much. I am not as techy as some here. But I am learning

Thanks.
Okay I understand now, that's a bug in the Moon. What I do is remove both books and re-import them.

The k2 had even less features than the k3, so what I can do on my device I'm sure you can do as well.

The hard part really is setting up the PC and that is not so hard. If your PC is connected to your modem them you just turn in the web server from calibre. If your behind a firewall it's a little harder.

On your k3 you use the browser and point it to

Http://xxx. Xxx. Xxx. Xxx:8080

Replace the xxx with your I address
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Okay I understand now, that's a bug in the Moon. What I do is remove both books and re-import them.

The k2 had even less features than the k3, so what I can do on my device I'm sure you can do as well.

The hard part really is setting up the PC and that is not so hard. If your PC is connected to your modem them you just turn in the web server from calibre. If your behind a firewall it's a little harder.

On your k3 you use the browser and point it to

Http://xxx. Xxx. Xxx. Xxx:8080

Replace the xxx with your I address
What do you mean "I address"?

You mean you use the browser on the Kindle, the experimental one? Boy I am lost.

So when you turn on the web serve from Calibre if gives you the address? I just updated Calibre to 0.9.8 (I think) and now I can't even email the books to amazon. I tried and tried, even setup the Gmail info again on the Calibre. Also checked the kindle email (double checked address online) and still no go. So I gave up and plug the Kindle in! I don't like emailing them anyway.

I am using Dropbox to get to my KFHD, don't think you can do that on PW or the DX, or do you use the experimental browser which is slower than molasses.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What do you mean "I address"?
I mean IP address, stupid auto correct.

The computer where your calibre server is installed on.

Quote:
You mean you use the browser on the Kindle, the experimental one? Boy I am lost.
Yes that is correct.

Quote:
So when you turn on the web serve from Calibre if gives you the address? I just updated Calibre to 0.9.8 (I think) and now
No you already have the IP address calibre gives you the port number.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
WaxMan
WaxMan began at the beginning.

Device: none yet...
Hi folks, wondering if any one can help me, thanks to aldiko killing sync (I forgott to disable auto updates) I am migrating to moon+ (should have done long ago seems a much better reader).
However I am having issues with dropbox syncing, I have configured 2 devices (motorola atrix phone and acer IconiaTab tablet) when reading a book and pausing / closing the app drop box book is updated. What I cannot see is a way to add the same book to my other device from dropbox, ie in aldiko after syncing all books and reading states would be available on the new device. Am I expecting the wrong operation and if so do i need to add the same books to all devices from calibre?
WaxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
=X=
Wizard

Moon's sync is real basic and very limited. It only syncs the last page read info on Dropbox. it is for the user to download the book on whatever reading device they want to read on.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
WaxMan
WaxMan began at the beginning.

Device: none yet...
Quote:
Moon's sync is real basic and very limited. It only syncs the last page read info on Dropbox. it is for the user to download the book on whatever reading device they want to read on.
Ahh ok thanks I will work out some way of syncing books between devices then.
WaxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Moon is the best reader but it does get done getting use to. The reason is that moon gives tons of control to its users.

-Toggle tap mode turns off taps to page turn , it limits the tap to only bring up the options. To page turn one has to Swype.

-Share means just that. Moon allows sharing on a ton of devices, I mainly use it for Evernote. But the feature is the same for all apps. You select whatever text you want to share in the moon app, hit more when the menu pops up, then select whatever app you want to post.

The way you paste is not Moon specific. That is done in the OS level. It is done by pressing and holding the text field you wish to paste to. A menu will pop up giving you the option to paste
I'm still a bit confused. "Share" to me means that it shares the text you've selected along with citation information. Moon+ does this if you choose email, but it won't do it with FaceBook etc. I know how to copy and paste, but just pasting doesn't include the citation information and it also just pastes it into the status "say what's on your mind" box, not as an entry with the comment above it (as with Kindle and Kobo). I figure there must be a way to do it, but perhaps not. And Kindle for Android doesn't do it either. The Kobo reader just includes the first couple of lines of the selected text, not the whole selection. FBReader and others do the same thing as Moon+, just opens a FaceBook status box without posting anything.

I also get this crazy thing happening (not just with MoonReader, but all the reader) where I'll do a swipe or a tap to turn the page and it opens some app like the email app, which I didn't intend. Does it ALL the time. Very irritating. I'm getting so I'm afraid to touch the screen for fear of what it might decide to do all on its own.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
=X=
Wizard

I can't comment on Facebook it's been some time since I used the app, but as I stated in an earlier post it's a Facebook problem, not the readers you've mentioned. Many folks have complained on how poor Facebook for android is.

If this feature is important to you you can look into getting FriendCaster, it's a better Facebook app than Facebook.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
If this feature is important to you you can look into getting FriendCaster, it's a better Facebook app than Facebook.
Thanks, that's very helpful. Now, how do I give you karma points?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
Thanks, that's very helpful. Now, how do I give you karma points?
Click on the blue tabby thing underneath his name that says karma. Looks like he has bunches. What this do for you anyway? I give karma too, everyone is so helpful though sometimes you just forget.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
new

Moon + problems

How to view table content in the book?
For this type of contents, please try to switch to "Preview mode with publisher formattings" in "Misc Options".

From the moondownload.com FAQ, I turn it on and have problems, I turn it off I have problems.

When I click on the Chapter 1 it goes to Chapter 1, next page, Chapter 2. I want to go to a chapter and read it. No text!

What am I doing wrong?