Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #76
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Yeah, I don't see the point in not playing fair here.

I should get my 3rd and 4th free books in the next couple of days - and am now actively trying to figure ways to get my buck production moving upwards.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #77
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Apparently there's no way to change the email address you signed up with, which I hope they add in future releases.

I was going to synchronize all my Baen accounts (Bar, Webscription, Planet Baen) under my preferred address. Ended up changing my Baen store email to match PB so at least I'll get to use any coupons I earn under my actual store account.

Currently working on getting used to how the game works and building up resources before I can even think of allying with people.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #78
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
First book is fairly easy (10 to join), but now I'm at 15 and have to accumulate lots of bucks. Don't see the second alliance book in the near future.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #79
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've noticed that as my level has grown, so has the amount I'm getting from my population. I think if I spend a few turns building population, and energy, I should see my income skyrocket and then it won't be so painful to get more levels and allies.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #80
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They have a pop-up explanation thing about how Population affects your Baen Bucks. 1 extra Buck per person x Tech level.

Right now I'm building up Energy, Food, Bucks, and Bliss via surges.

Some stuff with rather bad value-for-surge-points ended up on the Quick Charge squares in my default setup and I'm wondering now if the cost to move things on the grid rises with one's level and I should move it now, or the cost stays constant as you go and I can wait.

For comparison purposes, I'm currently at Level 2 and it cost me 200 Baen Bucks to move an Insta-Pop Tent Village 8 from the top left-hand corner to the bottom right-hand corner.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #81
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Right now I'm building up Energy, Food, Bucks, and Bliss via surges.
forget food.
the 1st 2 available citycore buildings equal each other as food and people go.
the 3rd makes more food than people, so yo always haxe surplus.

bliss losses begin as penalty when you cannot recover energy fast enougs after
leveling up. that has time
concentrate on energy - believe us it is btw a science fact that techlevels are measured by energy consumed by whole civilisations
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #82
ATDrake
Wizzard

Thanks for the tip.

I really just do the Food if I have leftover surge points after everything else so I don't waste them. Energy and then Bucks are really what I'm concentrating on.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #83
Lemurion
eReader

Also, once you get to 9th Level - Thorium Reactors rock! Very high output of bucks per cycle and a massive energy surge.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #84
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Yeah, I don't see the point in not playing fair here.
agreed.
especially considering that Baen gives things away not handful but bucket-wise
  • Book's cd's allowed to copy
  • free library
  • Webscription invitational offers

being offered so much to read without a dime - and then still go and try to screw 'em... unfairness d be an euphemism.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #85
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i need to start selling some of my assets...and get my energy production up x-x real life problems here
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #86
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Whatever you do don't log out, or mess up your password.

I tried to log-on elsewhere, and maybe made typed the wrong thing too many times. Then since the PW I thought it was didn't work, I logged out of my regular account to reset the password. Alas, the reset button causes an exception, I am unable to get the activation email resent (it says I'm active) and the help doesn't work. So for now I guess I'm out. Really close to more free books too

OK, whatever was going on, it's fixed.

Last edited by Ginwen; 04-26-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #87
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
it always logs me out when i close the window. but then i log in using fbook
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #88
Lemurion
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginwen View Post
Whatever you do don't log out, or mess up your password.

I tried to log-on elsewhere, and maybe made typed the wrong thing too many times. Then since the PW I thought it was didn't work, I logged out of my regular account to reset the password. Alas, the reset button causes an exception, I am unable to get the activation email resent (it says I'm active) and the help doesn't work. So for now I guess I'm out. Really close to more free books too
Have you gone to Baen's boards and asked for help in the Planet Baen section? The person running the game posts there often and may be able to help.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #89
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Thanks, yeah, just did that

Even though I'm fairly embarrassed to admit my dorkiness.

Edit: It's working again, not sure what's up.

Last edited by Ginwen; 04-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #90
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
Finally found my MRpassword... I'm kaleissin in-game and have made alliances with a lot of you guys.

When can one get rid of assets that are part of projects?
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote