Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Craig24
Banned
Craig24 began at the beginning.

Device: none
iPad Stylus Help

I'm new here as of today, and I'm not too sure how all this works. I have an iPad which I really like but my hands keep the screen quite dirty all the time. Because of this I bought the PoGo stylus but it requires too much pressure to work so I tried the Targus and BoxWave and others and they all require me to press too hard and they skip and aren't worth the money I paid for them. I Googled Stylus and came up with a company called Stylus-R-Us and they have dozens of what look like really great stylus, though expensive, but before I spend another penny, I wanted to find someone else who has tried their stylus and can tell me if they're any good. Off hand I don[t have their url but you can Google Stylus-R-Us and get it. Please advise. Thank you.
Craig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please post messages to the correct forum. This is an iPad question, and hence belongs in the "Apple" forum, not "News". I shall move it to the Apple forum.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
I personally own the boxwave stylus and it requires hardly any pressure at all. How hard are you pressing? The spongy bit at the end does need to deform a little in order to register well, but it should be very pliable so a light touch should register.

The styluses tend to work best in drawing apps and for hitting small touch targets in my experience.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
The Boxwave and Griffin offerings are the best you will get.

Ultimately, the iPad's designed to be used with fingers, so the stylus has to imitate the pressure and 'footprint' (LOL, the irony) of a fingertip.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I suspect this thread is spam.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hmmm...methinks both Craig24 and Mike36 might actually be Spammer48
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Hmmm...methinks both Craig24 and Mike36 might actually be Spammer48
Exactly.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike36 View Post
You'll have to excuse these kids who stay in their bedrooms 24-7 and remain on their PC 23-7 and on these sites 22-7. They have no life whatsoever and that is easily proven by the number of post they've made. Each one that adds to the contribution of this spam subject, check out how many post they have and when you see they're in the hundreds and thousands, hey? I rest my case. They're kids who LIVE HERE and have nothing better to do than to cause trouble. They use this service as if it's a CHAT line between them or an email program. These are the ones who needed to be booted. Not someone posting for a first time only trying to help others. Or what? They too, didn't have their first post????? Omgggg what kind of crap is this, that everyone jumps for the spam EXCUSE, it you try and pass on a good thing in your first post! That's crap. Kids? Grow up!!
Pretty persistent spammer, you have to give him that. Shame about the anger issues though - I guess spamming for stylus companies wasn't his first choice of career and it's made him bitter.

Anyway, a good feature of this site is the Ignore button. Which I just pressed for our spammer friend Mike - not that he'll post outside of this thread anyway.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Anyway, a good feature of this site is the Ignore button. Which I just pressed for our spammer friend Mike - not that he'll post outside of this thread anyway.
He won't post anywhere on MR. He won a free permanent vacation. Neither will the thread starter, since his IP was the same as Mike36's.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
He won't post anywhere on MR. He won a free permanent vacation. Neither will the thread starter, since his IP was the same as Mike36's.
______
Dennis

Thank you Mr. Editor.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Stylus-R-Us are prone to using spam marketing...creating fake users on iPad-related forums, etc
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
How much do you suppose spammers get paid?
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, iphone, itouch