Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
STAReBOOK e-reader now available in Taiwan, says DigiTimes

Whether that's gospel truth or just marketing hype, DigiTimes reports that the STAReBOOK e-reader - the Chinese equivalent to the Sony Reader - is now available in Taiwan. The reason for me being suspicious is that nobody of us here has actually seen the STAReBOOK in real life, despite the fact that, according to some earlier statement by eREAD, the first batch of the STAReBOOK was already sold out in Taiwan last month.

So we are still desperately waiting to get our hands on this one for a closer look.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I am in Taiwan. I will find where the STAReBOOK is being sold.
If you can read Chinese, there is a detail preview of the STAReBOOK.
http://www.baizhan.com.cn/index.php?showtopic=63546&hl=

Last edited by segatang; 12-15-2006 at 07:51 AM.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
cool!

Let us know if you find anything!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by segatang
I am in Taiwan. I will find where the STAReBOOK is being sold.
If you can read Chinese, here is a detail preview of the STAReBOOK.
http://www.baizhan.com.cn/index.php?showtopic=63546&hl=
Thanks for the link, segatang!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
And when you find one, how about sending one south ... ?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
You get headphones!!!!!!!!
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:34 AM   #7
segatang
Connoisseur

info from this thread:
http://i-library.kolin.com.tw/bbs/to...id=13&cat_id=4

STAReBOOK store in Taipei:
manager: Ms.Karen
Tel: +886-2-2627-1155 +886-932-157-717

online store in Yahoo Taiwan:
http://buy.yahoo.com.tw/gdsale/gdsale.asp?gdid=417471
NTD 12900 (about USD 400)
STAReBOOK
plus 512MB and two round-trip airplane tickets from Taiwan to Thailand.

Wow! Dose the company wish us read the STAReBOOK during travel?

Last edited by segatang; 12-18-2006 at 05:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

The question is...does anyone there actually have the device?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #9
segatang
Connoisseur

I went to the shop and tested the STAReBOOK.
It is really light and thin.
Beside TXT files, recently all documents should be converted to jpeg then to STK.

The photo is the best reading effect of my i-library and the STAReBOOK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2912.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	2528  
Old 12-27-2006, 10:03 AM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It does look pretty nice. Is it just the picture, or is the background much whiter than other readers have been?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

well...it doesn't look like it's whiter to my eyes...looks like standard eink greyness...^^
Old 12-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
segatang
Connoisseur

Because the e-ink panel of the STAReBOOK is standard 800*600 4-greyscale,
I think it is no difference with the sony reader.
Although the actual reading experience is alomost as same as reading paper,
the background of the sample changes with different view angle.

Last edited by segatang; 12-27-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:43 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

could you find out anything else segatang? Does it read only .stk files or can it handle native .txt files as well and how well does it format those? Do you think it might have problems handling european/american text?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
segatang
Connoisseur

Hi, the STAReBOOK only reads the *.stk format.
Any file type should be converted to *.stk format.
The device supports tranditional and simplified Chinese and English.
I don't know other asian or european fonts is supported well or not.
No details about above issue, but I will try to find it out.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
hiya,

where in Taipei is the STAReBOOK shop? I'm heading there next week and wouldn't mind checking one out in the flesh. And 2 tickets to thailand would have been rather useful, espec as i'm heading to thailand after taipei. Oh well.

Thanks

micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote