Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
JeanPierre
Enthusiast
JeanPierre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Specify "Use cover from source file" during bulk conversion

Hi,

Is there any way to specify the option "Use cover from source file" during bulk conversion? It only appears to show up when converting individual books, and since I have over 1,200 books in my library this is a bit prohibitive.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sadly, no there is not. Instead simply select all book use the bulk metadata edit dialog to set the cover from the book files, then convert, which will automatically use that cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
JeanPierre
Enthusiast
JeanPierre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you.

I've done that, and it's had the desired effect on the converted file size. I use an alternative mechanism to transfer high resolution covers to my Kobo e-reader for use in the library and screen saver, afforded by the KoboTouchExtended driver. It allows the covers to be automatically converted to a 3:4 aspect and black and white during transfer to my device (which enormously reduces the size burden of the high resolution images). It does seem I'll have to add all these back now, post-conversion. A shame, but necessary evil, I suppose.

Have a great year.
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote