Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old Today, 09:50 AM   #1
ehbowen
ehbowen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Guardian Angel — Christian Suspense/Fantasy

Today is May 15th, 2024, and my debut novel Guardian Angel (which has been out in hardcover since late March) is now available in eBook (and paperback) format!

This book is a labor of love stretching back a full forty years...although I only got serious about bringing it to print about five years back. As a guy with no experience in writing blurbs, I turned to Carolan Ivey who summarized it thusly:

Quote:
Railroad police officer Mike Wilson’s beat is ten feet by ten thousand miles, which makes it tough to catch a perp when the crime is technically outside his jurisdiction. But when he foils a major drug deal, he ticks off the wrong kingpins. And he discovers just how far outside his jurisdiction he’s strayed—as a nest of demons now targets him for revenge.

Dawn spent centuries honing her battle skills in the angelic army. But she quickly ditched her hard-won Major General’s stars for her dream job: Guardian. For thirty years she’s watched over Mike as his faith has grown despite scars on his soul, she’s poured her heart into writing him encouraging notes which he may never see this side of Heaven, and she’s dreamed of the impossible—meeting him face to face. But when Mike’s life is threatened, Dawn’s warrior instincts drive her to crash the forbidden barrier between realms to save his life.

To say the least, her split-second decision stirs up a hornet’s nest of infernal proportions, driving a wedge of doubt between their hearts. And touching off an epic battle between Heaven and Hell—with Mike’s very soul as the prize!
While it's been out I've received a couple of good editorial reviews. Here are excerpts:

Quote:
A captivating blend of supernatural intrigue and human drama...

"A page-turning supernatural thriller that offers a unique perspective on the notion of divine intervention and the immense power of faith." -The Prairies Book Review

Quote:
Loved it! 😍

A fascinating, engrossing vision of spiritual warfare and what it might be like to meet your guardian angel in the flesh.

Dawn was a high-ranking officer in the angelic army and is a skilled warrior, but she gave that up to take a dream role as Mike's Guardian....

I enjoyed the depiction of angels as having different roles in Heaven. Some are warriors. Some are counselors. Some are guardian angels....

The battle scenes and the lengths the demons go to to deceive Mike and to take Dawn out of the fight were pretty intense and kept the pages turning. The interactions between Mike and Dawn were also well written and heartfelt. I mean, imagine finding out that yes, you really do have a guardian angel, and here they are in your living room!

If you're a fan of Christian speculative fiction, you'll enjoy Guardian Angel.

Review written for Reedsy Discovery by Lisa Henson. Rated four stars (of five).
For those who are uncertain about Christian literature, please note that this story was written for adults and does contain some PG-13 content, including descriptions of spiritual violence and torture and some expurgated language. However, I'm confident recommending the story for ages 16 and up.

Here are some direct purchase links. I've requested no DRM on the files:

Amazon (Kindle)
Barnes & Noble (Nook)
Kobo (ePub)

Feel free to ask questions here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9798989512911-Perfect_OUTPUT-cropped.png
Views:	30
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	208283  
ehbowen is offline   Reply With Quote