Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle
theme source for modern and sdk default theme

I've unpacked the theme files for the modern theme and the theme from the sdk. My theme compiler/decompiler is improving... I'm providing the sources here in case somebody wants to play with them.
Attached Files
File Type: gz modern.tar.gz (247.1 KB, 856 views)
File Type: gz sdk_default_theme.tar.gz (252.4 KB, 795 views)
gshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you Gerda,
I'll definitely at least try to play around with this!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sorry Gerda, one question: should we use the "old" compiler (i.e. the one for the 360) oryour software? Because as far as I can tell it is not included with your files. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
gshank
Enthusiast
gshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animalsgshank is kind to children and small, furry animals

theme compiler

Paola:

The old one might work... Hmmm. Unfortunately I can't test right now because my 360plus hasn't arrived from being returned for a screen problem.

The problem is that the old theme compiler doesn't handle the 4bit (16 gray scale) images. Mine does...and should be finished this week, I think. But I'm not quite sure how to make a Windows executable out of it, since I do all my programming on Linux. I guess there was an SDK for windows at one time?

But in theory theory the bitmaps should work even if they're not 4 bit images. I just can't test it right now. UPS says the 360plus will be back on Wednesday...

Gerda
Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
paola
Wizard

hey Gerda, no problem - I'll check if it compiles, and see what happens - many thanks!
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
gshank
Enthusiast

pbres with larger file size

Paola:

I realized that you mainly need the pbres program to handle a larger file size for your Sheeps conversion, so I recompiled the old pbres for windows with a larger max size. I tried it on my Windows VM and it seemed to work...

That Sheeps menu_bg.bmp file is only a 4 gray picture to start with, so there wouldn't be any benefit to 16 grays anyway.

Gerda
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbres.zip (43.5 KB, 749 views)
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
paola
Wizard

Gerda, can never thank you enough - moee karma will be on your way as soon as I can