Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #31
nikkers
tragic
nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
You know...READ.

Since this is the mobileread forums, I want to know exactly how extreme people are getting with their mobile-reading. Where's the craziest place you've ever read? Here are mine:

During a Job Interview: The guy picked up the phone and started jabbing away, what was I supposed to do? I mean, he even said "this'll be a while." I didn't end up getting the job, but I'll swear to my dying day it wasn't because I picked up my kindle instead of staring at him like an idiot.

While Getting a Speeding Ticket: I have what some might call a lead foot. It got a little out of hand one day and so I received a visit from a law enforcement officer. After chatting pleasantly (P.S. never answer the question how fast you were going because that's an admission of guilt), he went back to his patrol car to do his business. There was no hesitation...I went right for the kindle.

Ok, so what've you got?
Hey! but were you reading before you got the ticket. Iread while spraying my crops. Thank god for autosteer and gps.
nikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #32
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowhappy View Post
Probably TMI but, while in labor, Sexy! I know
After reading some of the other hospital based e-reading experiences, my vasectomy episode doesn't seem that extreme any more ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #33
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
You know, I heard if you are reading while you're in labor the child grows up to be like the protagonist of that book. Ok, I just completely made that up, but what book was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkers View Post
Hey! but were you reading before you got the ticket. Iread while spraying my crops. Thank god for autosteer and gps.
Haha I'm not that reckless. That would probably get me on the news: "Man driving 95 down the highway while reading on a kindle--tonight on EyeWitness News at 10!"
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #34
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Wow, you're hardcore! Were you tempted to pass on the anesthesia too? "I don't need that...I'm reading here!"
For an angioplasty, they keep you awake but with a serious buzz on. I couldn't have read, because everything seemed to be moving around.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:34 AM   #35
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
Has anyone here been using their e-reader while actively involved in a gunfight with a gang of mafia henchmen while zooming down the river in a speedboat, a briefcase full of rare, uncut blue diamonds on the seat beside them?

If not, then I win.
Diamonds? No.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #36
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
You were reading Twilight though, weren't you? It's ok, you can admit it.
I'd rather chuck my nook out the window...

Quote:
Now that's commitment to reading.

Your kid is probably going to grow up to be an avid reader. Can never have too many, I say.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #37
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I just read whenever I have 5 minutes. But I've a boring life, so those situations you all describe I've never encountered...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:28 AM   #38
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I just read whenever I have 5 minutes. But I've a boring life, so those situations you all describe I've never encountered...
I like that kind of boring! Excitement is overrated.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #39
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
While buying a car. The salesman seemed a bit disconcerted upon coming back from "talking to the manager" and finding me happily engrossed in a book rather than chewing my fingernails.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
While buying a car. The salesman seemed a bit disconcerted upon coming back from "talking to the manager" and finding me happily engrossed in a book rather than chewing my fingernails.
Hmm, I was with my mother when I bought my first car. (first rule of negotiating, never do it yourself, but bring a pro to do that for you!). But I did read when I had to wait after bringing it in for service.... Or while I'm waiting for my husband to pick me up from work, or waiting for my husband when he's slow getting outside from his office building (we carpool and drive in turns).
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #41
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
If reading paper books count then: sitting on the edge of a live volcano in Guatemala with lava shooting overhead. It was quite stunning to be sitting there, way above the clouds, watching a new mountain being created all around you but after an hour or so I got out my book...
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #42
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The most extreme place so far has been the side of a swimming-pool... I was a bit scared when I thought "What if I accidentally drop my reader in the pool?"
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #43
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
That's why the most extreme place I've done it was while waiting for a haircut. Pools? Volcanoes? Burning houses? My ereader would cower in its case at any of those.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
The most extreme place so far has been the side of a swimming-pool... I was a bit scared when I thought "What if I accidentally drop my reader in the pool?"
Hmm, I always read while taking a bath... I've never dropped it.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #45
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I've read while:

walking into a tree branch
walking into a telephone pole
walking into a 6 ft deep excavation
taking the elevator up and down the Eiffel Tower.

I've also read in a total of 10 airports.
I used to read while walking every day, but never ran into anything. Guess that could be chalked up to good peripheral vision.

[EDIT] Correction: see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38#post1015838.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-19-2010 at 01:29 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote