Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #871
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am using Live Strong but think I will move to my fitness pal.

I don't always get the amount right, I am guestimating, but the act of writing it down helps me be honest. In being honest, I have reduced the amount of junk food I take in. I have also replaced more processed stuff with less processed stuff. So granola bars are being replaced with larabar Uber bars, fruit is being consumed more frequently. I need to be better with vegtables, I think I will return to beinging steamable two person servings of veggies to work again.

I can look at what I have been taking in over the course of a week and decide if I really can go to Chick Fil A for lunch.

I am finally feeling well enough again to get back to the gym. It has been a long time, so I am going to start on the elipitical and doing some weights.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #872
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I agree. I used a blank book but switched to an app (FitBit) last year which was a bit easier. I switched again to MyFitnessPal two weeks ago and find their database to be extensive and very easy to use although there's still the annoying puzzle of "What the heck am I really eating right now and how much is there?" I'm making great progess lately having lost 24 pounds since Christmas and now less than 10 pounds away from nirvana.

Great work. I am down 18 pounds since October. I am aiming for 8 pounds more.

Is it bad that I am looking forward to the day that I can eat the extra 500 calories?
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #873
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Is it bad that I am looking forward to the day that I can eat the extra 500 calories?
If it's bad, than I'm rotten to the core. I've been 'pre-loading' with ice cream, pizza, a BurgerKing Double Whopper with Cheese and bacon, and this evening I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, Broccoli with Bearnaise sauce, and an Apple pie for dinner. Next week the work begins again...
I haven't been eating like this all along. Only the past few days. I've been keeping to around 1,000-1,500 cal per day as a normal diet. But soon it will be back to 600-800 per day and hard exercise. I'm actually looking forward to it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #874
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I am looking forward to a 1,700 calorie a day diet. With exercise, that should go up. I like to eat, what can I say. I don't think I need to go below 155, heck my Doctor will be happy with 160.

The weird thing is that 160 puts me into the highest level of healthy BMI level. I find it kind of silly since there is no way I would be considered overweight by anyone who looks at me right now.

Looking forward to the gym tonight.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #875
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The weird thing is that 160 puts me into the highest level of healthy BMI level.
BMI is only a guide. The ratio of muscle:fat makes a big difference. Muscle is denser than fat (1.06g/ml compared to 0.9g/ml), and (with general exercise) is spread more evenly over the body.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #876
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And there is 'fat,' and then there is 'fat.' The subcutaneous fat (the stuff under your skin) is far less dangerous to one's health than the visceral fat that builds up around the organs due to lack of exercise. Exercise is the key to being healthy. Of course, cutting out daily Snickers bars doesn't hurt.

Stitchawl
Old 03-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #877
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

IF you don't eat the foods with a ton of fat in them, you are less likely to build up the fat in your system. The key is to balance exercise and diet. I have the diet part pretty well under control. I know I can get the exercise bit going as soon as I feel like I can get in work outs without coughing up a storm. That day is coming, it feels really close, as in sometime this week. I was going to go to the gym last night but decided I was exhausted and went to bed at 8. I got a Lucas at 8:10, little dude is teething and not happy. We got Lucas down around 9 and I was asleep 10 minutes later.

I might do some Wii fit tonight.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #878
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Two weeks ago they moved 6 pallets of chocolate into the fruit and veg section of the supermarket. The next week they added a wall of chocolate eggs and rabbits about 10 mtrs long and 5 shelves high. At the end of each isle now is an assortment of chocolates and eggs some like pyramids that reach higher than the shelves and at each cash register isle is another assortment of smaller sized eggs and bunnies conveniently located close to the ground where the children can grab them.
Honestly, there is not one place in this large supermarket that you can walk and not see a chocolate display directly in front of you.
I read that sugar is addictive and more difficult to kick than cocain.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #879
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I pray every night that I will find a Cadbury Cream Chocolate Easter Egg display in the next three days... After that, no more chocolate for me, and I haven't had a CCCEE in years. I DREAM about them....

Stitchawl
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #880
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I pray every night that I will find a Cadbury Cream Chocolate Easter Egg display in the next three days... After that, no more chocolate for me, and I haven't had a CCCEE in years. I DREAM about them....

Stitchawl
Ha. I love chocolate, too, Stitch. We have this company that has been around here for a long time that makes the best Heavenly Hash candies, Elmer's. My grandmother's aunt worked for them and I am capable of eating several in one sitting. I'm trying to save myself for Easter Sunday.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #881
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, y'all should download and use the runkeeper app if you walk or run outside and have an Android phone (they probably have an iPhone version, too). It is so cool. It uses GPS to tell you how far and fast you walked. It also shows you a map of your walk.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #882
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I had some Napalese hash back in the late '60's that was pretty good. I'd love to try the type in your area. *grin*

Stitchawl

Sent from my typewriter via Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #883
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I had some Napalese hash back in the late '60's that was pretty good. I'd love to try the type in your area. *grin*

Stitchawl

LOL, Stitch. This is the "hash" in question...

Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #884
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Oops......

Stitchawl

Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #885
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
I can't get it to light!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote