Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
John Grisham 100% rebate (Paypal/CC) at Fictionwise

All 23 of John Grisham's fiction novels are now available in ebook format. And at Fictionwise they're all on 100% micropay rebate (when paying with PayPal/CC).

http://www.fictionwise.com/Z65795H33...John-Grisham/?

Mind you - they're all quite pricey for backlist titles, so sensible use* of this offer just brings them back into a price zone of about $6 each.

* i.e. buying half of those you want with 100% rebate, and then using that rebate to buy the other half.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Ouch. Pricey indeed - everyone else is 7.99 or 9.99, it seems.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Ouch. Pricey indeed - everyone else is 7.99 or 9.99, it seems.
Actually, as long as you want to buy them in even increments, Fictionwise is the cheapest around (assuming you belong to buywise).

The books are mainly at $13.69 for Buywise members. But since they're at 100% rebate right now, you can get 2 for $13.69 or pay $6.84 each. If you don't belong to Buywise they are 2 for $16.11 or $8.06 each. Still competitive and I think the cheapest price for epub.

Or if you're like me, you'll buy all the ones you're interested in at 100% rebate and save your accumulated Micropay dollars for some of the super sales Fictionwise has periodically.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I went out to the Random House website, and noticed that their price for them all is $15, so I sent Fictionwise a query asking why their list price for most of them is showing at $18.95. My guess is they'll get around to adjusting the price after the 100% rebate is over, but it never hurts to ask.

I've only read one or two of his works, a long time ago. Are there any that I should skip, or definitely buy? Thanks
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
The books are mainly at $13.69 for Buywise members. But since they're at 100% rebate right now, you can get 2 for $13.69 or pay $6.84 each. If you don't belong to Buywise they are 2 for $16.11 or $8.06 each. Still competitive and I think the cheapest price for epub...

-Marcy
Do you know if the $10 coupons for a "free" book work with micropay? If so, I have a few of those and might pick some up.
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, it does. I just bought a few books, had to pay with micropay (to circumvent restrictions), and added that coupon.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Do you know if the $10 coupons for a "free" book work with micropay? If so, I have a few of those and might pick some up.
If you use one of your $10 coupons on a 100% rebate book, you do not get that $10 back in micropay. It reduces the price and the micropay rebate by $10.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If you use one of your $10 coupons on a 100% rebate book, you do not get that $10 back in micropay. It reduces the price and the micropay rebate by $10.
Yeah, I assumed that - pay less (and get back less) or reduce price and pay with micropay. Since I also got 100% back with the last club renewal, plus the certificates, it's all good!