Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
D-Style
D-Style began at the beginning.

Device: none
White Jetbook is $169.99 at newegg today.

I keep my eyes on the prices of a few ereaders and noticed the white jetbook on newegg was discounted.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ACO-_-58723004
D-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
yes, they offer free shipping and don't charge sales taxes outside of CA. I stopped purchase from Amazon when they started charge sales taxes...
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
yes, they offer free shipping and don't charge sales taxes outside of CA. I stopped purchase from Amazon when they started charge sales taxes...
just so you know you are required by law to pay sales tax on internet purchases, amazon is just collecting it, and newegg did collect sales taxes for about 3 weeks than spoke to their attorneys and found out the "amazon law" passed in new york is illegal, at least in their state, and stopped collecting sales tax.

tax law is some interesting stuff, that finds every way to screw you.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Isn't it just $159.99 if you get a bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon? I just printed up one and it's like no mention of Ectaco or Jetbook in the fine print. I planned to go try this tomorrow. Although I keep flip flopping on this and the Pocket Pro. May get both.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I recently bought one at BB&B with the 20% off coupon. No problem. With shipping and sales tax, the total was $185. I was also torn between the jetbook and the Pocket Pro. Thus far, no buyers remorse.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
I recently bought one at BB&B with the 20% off coupon. No problem. With shipping and sales tax, the total was $185. I was also torn between the jetbook and the Pocket Pro. Thus far, no buyers remorse.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
I'm a tech whore. I think I may get both. Give the Jetbook to my mom, and just happen to borrow it a lot.

I think the 505 is going more and more by the way side as far as my desires are concerned.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post

Regards,
Jack Tingle
BBnB apparently don't carry it in the store. That sucks. I use to work at linens and things and we use to order stuff online for customer to come pick up. I might ask my local BBnB if they can do that. Beat the shipping at least. :/

Last edited by Xerxes; 09-26-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
BBnB apparently don't carry it in the store. That sucks. I use to work at linen's and things and we use to order stuff online for customer to come pick up. I might ask my local BBnB if they can do that. Beat the shipping at least. :/
Shipping was free when they ordered it for me in the North Little Rock location.

Plus, 20% discount.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #9
D-Style
D-Style began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newegg has an open box Jetbook for $138.99. I would assume shipping in the US is less than $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...001R-_-Product
D-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Style View Post
Newegg has an open box Jetbook for $138.99. I would assume shipping in the US is less than $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...001R-_-Product
its less than 7 buck 3 days ups. there is a calculator
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Xerxes
Addict

No more open box units.