Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Lee
Lee began at the beginning.

Device: none as yet
Corvus

A new e-serial for you to enjoy.

In an alternate present the minds of teen offenders are uploaded into computers for rehabilitation—a form of virtual wilderness therapy. Zach is a homo cognoscens, one of the new humans who can navigate the Fulgrid. Though still a high school student, he is indentured to the Fulgur Corporation as a counsellor. Laura is a homo sapiens. Their story is part odyssey, part tragedy, part riff on the nature of consciousness.

Chapters are posted each Friday, along with podcasts narrated by the superb Welsh actor Ioan Hefin.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
for sharing with us. We love having authors join in the fun, learning, and sharing at MR.

This looks to be interesting with the podcast. I will have to admit that I am not much for serials and tend to wait until they are complete before reading. Having said that.... I will have to check out the podcast.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Lee

Thanks, Dreams. I'm thinking about releasing Serial Premium, i.e. a full ebook version of the novel for those who can't wait for a small charge.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Thanks, Dreams. I'm thinking about releasing Serial Premium, i.e. a full ebook version of the novel for those who can't wait for a small charge.
Keep us updated on what's going on.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, Lee, interested to see how the 'serial premium' business model works too. The young adult market is a good one for this sort of thing testing. Although I'll warn you that the Internet is largely an advertising based revenue stream unless it's software or and educational product. You might need to publish the full through Smashswords or Kindle and use the serial concept to hook people. Let these sites do the marketing and the formating for the various readers out there.

Good luck!

MFS
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Lee

Hi Michael,

Have you seen MCM's fiction? The serial+ model seems to be working for him - the source of my own initiative, in fact - but though I've now added it as an option, I don't think it will work quite as well for the sort of fiction I write.

Here's the link to a recent MCM post about his project.

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, serial novel, young adult, young love