Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #46
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Yes it does.
It reports:
Firmware: 090616
pdf parser: 090616
doc parser: 080508
html parser: 090407
wol parser: 071229
image parser: 080706
txt parser: 090407
fb2 parser: 090407
viewer version: 081222
Bookshel version: 090616

No PID reported.
But it opened several DRM'ed ebooks that were keyed to my reader.
The mobi parser looks to be the exact same as the last Lbook firmware.

Mobi-drm support may not be as dead as expected.
But since this Beta-ware...

Haven't tested Adept-encrusted epub or pdf so I don't know if it supports it.
Lit and rtf support is identical to the previous firmware. Same bugs persist.

Bottom line: if you were happy with the last LBOOK firmware but wanted better PDF renders, this has it. Still limited by what PDF is but it does open google pdfs that would not open before or with OI. Graphics look a bit better.

There is even some reflow but with partial pages galore.

I'm curious to see if other folks get DRM'ed Mobis to open.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #47
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
No PID reported.
But it opened several DRM'ed ebooks that were keyed to my reader.
The mobi parser looks to be the exact same as the last Lbook firmware.
That's very interesting! I'd say: don't spread the news, maybe the manufacturers won't notice
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #48
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
That's very interesting! I'd say: don't spread the news, maybe the manufacturers won't notice
Very reluctantly I installed the new firmware and found, as has been reported, that my DRM-Mobi titles open fine. But I am dubious as to whether I'll be able to purchase further protected Mobi titles for the new firmware, for, as also has been reported, there's no longer a Mobibook PID indicated. Would the old one which I registered with my sellers still work? Probably not.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #49
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Would the old one which I registered with my sellers still work?
The PID is encoded in your MOBI ebooks, so the fact that the old MOBIs still work indicates that a) MobiPocket's Java Reader is still being used, and b) the PID is exactly the same as before.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #50
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The PID is encoded in your MOBI ebooks, so the fact that the old MOBIs still work indicates that a) MobiPocket's Java Reader is still being used, and b) the PID is exactly the same as before.
Verry (sic) Interesting!
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert