Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
What am I doing wrong??

Ok well i downloaded a book in epub format and it wouldn't open on my reader, so I thought maybe I could change the format to something else so the reader would open it. Everyone says how great calibre is so I downloaded it the manual says you just drag and drop the books into it to convert. When I download books from BOB they show up as URLLINK.ascm files, normally I just drag them into digital editions and from there into the reader. When I tried to drag and drop this book it said unknown and 0 info transferred.(and I couldn't delete it either) Ok well i thought that maybe the book I was having trouble with was just corrupt so i thought i would convert some books I had that worked fine in epub to lrf just to get used to using the program....hmmmmmmmm any book i tried to add showed up as unknown and 0 info transferred. Then I thought maybe I could just drag out of digital editions or the sony reader library but I couldn't drag and drop any of those either. Ok so then I thought maybe I could browse the books I had in these 2 programs and add them that way, they didn't show up in the list of things I could browse soooooooo how do you use this program????
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
An .ascm isn't the actual book. It's a pointer file that tells your computer where to download the epub from. The actual epub should be in your My Digital Editions in the My Documents/Documents folder (in Windows anyway).

Also Calibre isn't going to be able to convert most epubs from BoB as they'll be DRM'd (unless you remove the DRM of course).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert