Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
Question Help with Fictionwise and Books on Board

Hi,

I would like to buy some books from these sources but am not sure which format to buy and convert through Calibre.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well, if you're planning to remove DRM (which you'll have to do for conversions) than I'd say your first choice should be MS Reader (LIT). For a second choice probably Mobipocket or ePub (FW doesn't sell ePub, but BoB does). Of course with the 505 you can buy ePub books and not have to remove DRM or do any conversion.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do you just want to convert them for some reason? Get them in LRF, Beb, or Adobe digital edition and load them as-is onto your reader.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if you can get epub, it's the best choice. if you can't, then lit is a good (and easy) format to convert. mobipocket is also possible but not as good a format to start from. i believe (i could be mistaken) that fictionwise also has "lrf" format available for their "multi-format" (=non-drm) books, which is a native format for the sony.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
i have bought books from fictionwise recently and i have downloaded the lrf format (it's listed under the multiformat option) and everything is fine.

however, i believe there are some books that are not allowed to be downloaded in multiformat form due to the author or publisher not liking the fact that their book would be downloaded unprotected.
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert