Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Page sleep and Awaken getting slower

Rather than hijack the thread about page turning speeds, have another somewhat similar question. I've had mine since January, and the page turning speeds are fine, faster than the Sony 500 I had.

What I have noticed in the last few weeks, however, is that putting it to sleep and awakening (which I usually do every time I stop reading) has definitely slowed down. Not so much as to be a big problem yet, but hope it does not get worse. Anybody have a similar problem?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I haven't noticed that in my 5 months of ownership. Maybe a hard reset will clear up the problem. If not, you may have to put in a call to Amazon.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I haven't noticed that in my 5 months of ownership. Maybe a hard reset will clear up the problem. If not, you may have to put in a call to Amazon.
Gagh! In all the many years of rebooting Windows computers, PDAs, printers, scanners and everything else computerized that goes awry, you'd think this would be the first thing I'd automatically try. However, the Kindle has been so foolproof and steadfast, that in nine months I actually never found it necessary to "poke the hole."

Of course, that immediately corrected the problem, and now all's well. Thanks.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yay!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Perhaps it's my imagination or the power of suggestion but I think my Kindle is taking somewhat longer to wake up lately. I wonder if it is a function of how many books are stored on it? I have four pages of titles on mine, not lots compared to many on this forum. Right now, it takes about six seconds to wake up.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Gemini Fang
Gemini Fang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You aren't alone. Mine has been getting slower. I'll try the hard reset.
Gemini Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Fang View Post
You aren't alone. Mine has been getting slower. I'll try the hard reset.
It should work. Has on mine the few times this has happened.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote