Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Obituary to an EEE!

I'm afraid that my trusty small EEE went over the River Styx yesterday.

It had some graphical problems before (after my wife let it fall on a tiled floor), inserting stripes where they do not belong, but now it just stays black. It boots up, normally, but the screen stays black.

Warranty, you say? Weeell, the thing was a gift, you know, from my Brother (he is big, hence the B ). And he hasn't kept any papers from where and when he bought that piece of hardware. And I suspect the fall may have something to do with the early death of the engine, after all.

Asus does not do any warranty repairs for private persons, anyway. That leaves me without an ebookreader and I can't be online anymore while working nor work on those books. Bummer!

EEE and FBReader were a good combination while they lasted. Farewell, my trusty friend!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

It had some graphical problems before (after my wife let it fall on a tiled floor), inserting stripes where they do not belong, but now it just stays black. It boots up, normally, but the screen stays black.

Warranty, you say? Weeell, the thing was a gift, you know, from my Brother (he is big, hence the B ). And he hasn't kept any papers from where and when he bought that piece of hardware. And I suspect the fall may have something to do with the early death of the engine, after all.

Asus does not do any warranty repairs for private persons, anyway. That leaves me without an ebookreader and I can't be online anymore while working nor work on those books. Bummer!

EEE and FBReader were a good combination while they lasted. Farewell, my trusty friend!
Awww, that sucks, but EEE's are cheapo thingys, even here in Sweden, so I imagine they would be even cheaper in Germany? Right? If not, you could prolly pick one up on eBay at next to nothing
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

Noooooo !!!! We need your books here. Dear Santa, please bring mtravellerh a new EEE!!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
No fear, ravenne! I just can't work on the books while at work.

Slite: I fear that I am not really well off right now, so it will take a few days to get a new netbook. I think I will go for a Gigabyte M912 anyway if I have to change (and it seems that I really have to). So I have to wait for awhile.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Condolences on your loss, mtravellerh. I hope that your next machine is more robust.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
HP just announced a new 1000 series mini that's around $350 MSRP. Should about five Euros at today's exchange. !)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote